Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROJECT DISPLAY.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orbvs_Tomarvm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject: PROJECT DISPLAY. Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to project the kronos' display onto another device like an ipad?

Thanks.
Korg Triton 76, Korg Triton 61, Korg Triton Extreme 76 + Moss, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Korg M3 + Radias, Korg Kronos 73, Alesis Ion, T.C.Electronic effects & SPL processors. Edirol M16DX. Mackbook Pro & Logic pro X.
average_male

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: PROJECT DISPLAY. Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to project the kronos' display onto another device like an ipad?
Thanks.

Yes and no.

Yes if you hack your Kronos. There is a guy on YT that demonstrates redirecting the output to an external display, but it isn’t available for customer consumption/usage.

No, there are no documented steps to repro what was noted for the “Yes” response.

There was some discussions about fabricating a KLM-3007 replacement board that demuxes to external display via USB-C, but that fizzled out pretty quickly due to lack of support and/or initiative.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos Remote!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kronos-remote/id1185334677
average_male

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
Kronos Remote!

From my understanding this isn’t a projection of the Kronos screen but a means to update various settings and such on the Kronos.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: PROJECT DISPLAY. Reply with quote

Orbvs_Tomarvm wrote:

Some years ago I did a mod on my Kronos so the LCD can be placed closer at angle to get a better view of the screen while sitting.

Last edited by KK on Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
Xenophile wrote:
Kronos Remote!

From my understanding this isn’t a projection of the Kronos screen but a means to update various settings and such on the Kronos.

It sounds like you are thinking of the free Kronos Editor app. Kronos Remote is a paid app for iPad. It costs about $26 USD, and is well worth it IMO, despite a few... idiosyncrasies.

Kronos Remote absolutely lets you duplicate the display on the iPad screen, with additional functionality as well. For example it also lets you have two display modes up at the same time... for example you could have Setlist view on the iPad and the associated Combi or Program view on the Kronos.
I think you can also add a PDF file as a "supplement" to a set list slot entry. Limitation is that you can only view that PDF on the iPad screen. You can't view the PDF on the Kronos' screen.

Read about Kronos Remote in the app store.

Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
average_male wrote:
Xenophile wrote:
Kronos Remote!

I did, did you? And I quote from the app store,

"Please note: the KronosRemote is designed as a supplement to the Kronos screen, due to technical reasons many pages are only available on the Kronos screen and are not accessible from the app."

By definition, this is not projecting what is on the Kronos screen. Think of how you can connect a secondary monitor to your PC, that is a 1:1 projection. What the "KronosRemote" is simulating some of the Kronos' screens and sends and receives commands and data to sync up with each other. If that is what the OP was asking to accomplish, then KronosRemote will do, but it is not a projection of the Kronos screen now matter how much you want to promote it and potentially profit off of selling it.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the Kronos Remote app very useful indeed, giving much more usability
by bypassing some very frustrating design decisions from Korg that undermined the potential the Kronos has, and presenting Kronos more intuitively. I think the app is reasonably priced and I absolutely applaud the app designer for trying to get some financial reward for his efforts. I'm a very happy customer of Remote.
Steve
average_male

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveyoung29 wrote:
I find the Kronos Remote app very useful indeed, giving much more usability
by bypassing some very frustrating design decisions from Korg that undermined the potential the Kronos has, and presenting Kronos more intuitively. I think the app is reasonably priced and I absolutely applaud the app designer for trying to get some financial reward for his efforts. I'm a very happy customer of Remote.
Steve

Steve Young of 49er fame, there was no mistake in using the word, "bypassing". Well done, once a quarterback, always a quarterback.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve[/quote]
Steve Young of 49er fame, there was no mistake in using the word, "bypassing". Well done, once a quarterback, always a quarterback.[/quote]

I'm a Brit, mate. Your football is our rugby in sumo suits.
Steve
average_male

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveyoung29 wrote:
I'm a Brit, mate. Your football is our rugby in sumo suits.
Fair enough. Good day mate. But who is talking about football? The Steve I was referring to is a local ex-gold miner from the gold rush (49er) who plays quarters against the wall at a local 7-11 down the street. He's always accusing others of cheating and constantly asking for his quarterback. Didn't realize there was an American Football player with the same name as both of yous.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like enough of a plot for an Oscar winner.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
Xenophile wrote:
average_male wrote:
Xenophile wrote:
Kronos Remote!

I did, did you?

I have used the app regularly for several years, and yes, I have read the documentation. I find it extremely useful, and it most likely provides the functionality that the original poster is looking for.

You are correct, though, that it doesn't duplicate every screen. It is designed to be an aid for live performance, and it fulfills that function nicely. Do you play gigs? Have you ever tried to use the built-in display/touchscreen under bright sunlight or stage lights?

I've encountered you on this forum before, "average_male," and I've most often found your posts to be unhelpful and snarky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: