Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Channel on Native

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:31 am    Post subject: Midi Channel on Native Reply with quote

I've just added Opsix Native to my collection alongside Modwave Native and Wavestate Native. But I can't see how to change/set the midi in channel for the Opsix. With Modwave and Wavestate the option sits happily in Settings, but no such option in Opsix settings. So how to I change it? At the moment I can only play on Midi Channel 1. Guidance would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Steve
jdoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpSix Native... defaults to MIDI Channel 1. I don't believe there is a way to change that.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdoo wrote:
OpSix Native... defaults to MIDI Channel 1. I don't believe there is a way to change that.

Thanks for confirming that. A strange limitation that Korg designed and intended, particularly since it has been addressed with Modwave Native and Wavestate Native.
jdoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few differences with OpSix native and the other two. My understanding... is the Modwave native and Wavestate native dev team, is here in California. The Opsix native developers are not. There are a couple of inconsistencies between OpSix and the other two. Another one you might bump into, is Setlists, and using that for program/patch selection. OpSix native has one... It's called "Program Change".. and is a setlist/bank. with 128 slots. The other two (Modwave native & Wavestate native).. you can create several Setlists and populated them with different patches. Make one "Active" and Program Change messages select patches from that active Setlist. OpSix native - there iis just that one, which is always active, and you can put patches in there for calling up via Program Change messages. Sorry for the book! I keep, hoping for Dan to post here, "We have released a new version of OpSix Native, which is every bit as functional and great as Modwave and Wavestate native. Very Happy
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yes I've been finding that out those limitations too. Knowing the back story helps to put the Opsix Native limitations into some perspective. I bought the Opsix Native on the strength of the Mod And Wave.

I kinda think that the California team could sort out the "actually not ready to market" mess in a couple of hours, whilst the other team are disecting a some poor animal to see how it works!

Cheers mate,
Steve
jdoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is there now! The new AU and standalone versions have selectable Primary MIDI channel, and while the release notes dont mention them -- the algorythms have MIDI CCs associated and can be called up.

I just put instances of Opsix across multiple MIDI channels and it works great.

Thank you Korg!

Just a heads up... The MIDI Channel selection is done by click-dragging on the currently assigned channel, up or down.
steveyoung29

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you Korg. That job is ticked off.
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: