Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Styles from PA1X compatible with PA1000?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raimcomputi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Styles from PA1X compatible with PA1000? Reply with quote

I've been reading this forum with great interest for some time. But now I've decided to register because I also want to write something from time to time.

My name is Raimund and I come from Germany. Playing the keyboard is one of my favorite pastimes, along with all sorts of other hobbies.

I'm looking for a specific title-related style. I also found what I was looking for in an online shop. But unfortunately the style is only available there for the PA1X. This keyboard is pretty old.

Hence my question: Can someone tell me whether I can load a style written for the PA1X into the PA1000?

I realize that you have to adjust at least sounds, volumes and effects. That's no problem. But would such a style basically run on the PA1000?

The operator of the online shop told me that it would work. But I would be happy if someone from the forum could confirm that before I buy the style. It only costs 12 euros. But I still don't want to spend the money for nothing.

Thank you for your help.

Raimund
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Styles from PA1X compatible with PA1000? Reply with quote

raimcomputi wrote:
l.. the style is only available there for the PA1X. This keyboard is pretty old .... I can load a style written for the PA1X into the PA1000? ...

Such and also similar questions are described well and in detail in the manual.

How to manage media with third party software you will find described in part XIV (loading musical resources from other instruments, page 929 ff).

With third-party software, there is always a risk that a SET folder was not created with the instrument for which it is sold - this means that incorrect data may be written to the internal memory during LOAD.

To avoid this, it is recommended to use such SETs with Direct-Data. With them no data is loaded, but rather read and played directly from a USB device (Stick).

The data remain on the USB medium and after a "Select" OS recognizes whether the SET is compatible for playback or whether data conversion is necessary beforehand. In this case your are asked if you want to convert the data to a format that Pa1000 can read. If you confirm, you are prompted to choose a name and position for a new SET folder that can to be loaded without risk of incompatibility - but it really is not necessary to load this converted, newly created SET, because it can be played directly from the USB stick just as easily with direct access.

PS: Maybe Pa1x is pretty old, but with structure of and in producing styles nothing significant has changed!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
raimcomputi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed answer.

I had already read in the manual that PA1X styles can be loaded into the PA1000. But it's good to have that confirmed again by someone more experienced than me.

Another question: I found a midi file for the title I'm interested in, which sounds pretty good after a few adjustments.

Now I wanted to try creating a style from it using the Style Creator Bot. I've had very good experiences with some midi files. With others the result was unusable. That's why I just wanted to test it with the midi file for the title I was looking for. But the PA1000 refuses to work, saying that this midi file cannot be converted into a style. Unfortunately I can't figure out where the error is. Does anyone have an idea where I can look?

Thank you for every tip Raimund
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: style creator bot Reply with quote

raimcomputi wrote:
.. refuses to work, saying that this midi file cannot be converted into a style ..

QuiRobinez wrote very valuable infomations about converting SMFs to styles:

---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=739806
... using markers with complex midi files .. shouldn't use the creator bot. Just use the midi file import to style menu option which is used for mapping the style parts to the correct variations

---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=729575
... modifying the midi files in a DAW before in the creator bot ... save (that SMF) in your daw as a standard 0 format midi file ... then about 80 percent of my midi files were coverted to really good styles.
..... best results you will get if you are creating markers in your midi file ... don't use the creator bot but .. import the midi file as a style with markers.

+1

PS: SMF format0 stores MIDI events chronologically and these are easier and more efficient to process by the conversion software. Importing a Standard MIDI File into a Style only in format 0 can be done.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
raimcomputi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the detailed explanations.

Unfortunately I was unable to achieve success with this particular midi file. I reduced the MF to 8 tracks and also made the channel assignments accordingly, i.e. only assigned channels 9-16. But the file cannot be converted into a style or imported into a style. In both cases the PA1000 issues error messages.

The funny thing is that it works with all the other midi files I have. Even if the results are often not satisfactory and require a lot of rework. But the conversion and import generally work. Only this one midi file causes problems.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Midi issues to find the error here.

Raimund
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: