Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to export drum rhythms from PA1000...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject: Is it possible to export drum rhythms from PA1000... Reply with quote

...and bring them into another arranger (e.g. a Roland)?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to export drum rhythms from PA1000... Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
...and bring them into another arranger (e.g. a Roland)?

If the drum tracks of both systems use midi events then no problem - Pa1000 uses midi events and is capable of doing so also via importing/exporting events of styles and pads tracks

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I do see on p.303 of the manual, the PA1000 has the function, "Exporting a Style to a Standard MIDI File ‘separated by markers’" which I assume is what I want... the drum patterns should end up on channel 10... and I'm guessing that the 'markers' define the variations (regardless of whether they are fixed--e.g. intros/ending--looping), yes? Then I guess the remaining question is whether the other board can import these things from a Standard MIDI File, keeping those markers intact (as opposed to having to re-define stuff manually on the other side)...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject: Styles for another arranger Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
.. the remaining question is whether the other board can import these things from a Standard MIDI File...

In manual Page 304 you can find a screenshot of a test file created in Steinberg Cubase, just as an example of how a SMF separated by markers can look like.

The SMF after a Korg Style export corresponds to the structure of Korg Styles with eight tracks and the names of the individual sections. This structure may be different for a style from other manufacturers, maybe arranged in a different order, using different channels, etc .

What is essential, however, is the common, compatible data format of the sequence - and these are the Midi events, ready to be used after arranged accordingly for the respective style of another manufacturers arranger.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: