Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG adding the AT model of Nautilus is a joke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: KORG adding the AT model of Nautilus is a joke Reply with quote

Hello All

When the Nautilus was released I posted a post here about
How can KORG release a keyboard like this with no after touch.
It's a stupid pen pusher decision. Since keyboards have had after touch for decades ! KORG claims to be pushing boundires yet after touch is a boundry was pushed back in the 70s !

As usual the KORG die hards here attacked me and made it seem that KORG can do no wrong.

All of the sudden KORG releases a new Nautilus with after touch. LAME !
The original release should of had AT.
AT is such a basic feature in synths that would be like an automaker saying we released a car that has lights now because the original didn't have lights.

Also the Nautilus is a washed down KRONOS which itself was from thge OYASIS project. Tech that's over 20 years old.
mwiik

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, and agree. Aftertouch should have been there from the beginning.

However, still with the sound engine of Nautilus, Korg is in the lead. I have tried both Fantom and Montage, but from my personal opinion Korg is on top. But sound is always a personal thing.

I have owned the famous Oasys-88 (so, sad I sold it) and now I own Kronos 2-88 and also a Nautilus-88. My Kronos is with me on the stage and Nautilius in the studio as it is lacking the real-time controls. But they both sound awesome!

I am now actually looking at the PA5X. The sound engine of that one is just amazing. It is one step above the Kronos. At least just by playing around with the keysets I must say it is brilliant. From what I know it is using a new sound engine and maybe we will see that in a future workstation from Korg, if there will be one.

Nevertheless. I am not complaining about 20 year old technology as long as it suits my needs Smile
Rockitman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Agree Reply with quote

I have the original Kronos 73 weighted. I now have the Nautilus 73 synth action, obviously no AT. So I am using the Nautilus for live gigs. I do have an Alesis Vortex keytar and that has aftertouch. So that is my answer. My original Kronos is heavy compared to the Nautilus and I am looking forward to playing the great Korg sounds live again. I also have the PA5X and it is a great sounding arranger. I had the PA800 for many years but sadly it died. I thought it was crazy no AT in the Nautilus, but I have a workaround with the keytar for live. I wanted the 73 as it is easier to do splits by dividing the keys in half. The challenge has been setting up basically the same sounds on both the Kronos and the Nautilus. The Nautilus has many of the same sounds but they are arranged in different order than Kronos. Plus you have to buy additional EXs packs for full compatability. It's working though.
allan_evett

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Nautilus 61, purchased about two years ago. It's been a good replacement for my original Kronos 61 - with which I had some concerns re the health of its processor and hard drive. I find the Nautilus a bit friendlier to get around.

But...This aftertouch upgrade announcement is a bit confusing. Word has it that we're supposed to see it in North America as well, but my region's dealer/service center has heard nothing. Odd that they don't have a clue about an upgrade; especially due to their position in the industry, and that there's clearly a statement on the Korg USA site.

I bought the Nautilus knowing it did not have aftertouch. I figured my 2019 Roland Fantom 7 could handle that when needed (either on its own, or as a controller). But the Roland Fantom's AT is much more of a joke than this odd little juggle from Korg. So I'd like to have aftertouch on my Nautilus after all. But $532 US Dollars? Ouch!!
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s not a joke, it’s an insult.
SaleCar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone uses aftertouch and that's why it shouldn't have been there from the beginning. That adds to the cost and would discourage many from buying it. Having two versions is a good idea.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaleCar wrote:
Not everyone uses aftertouch and that's why it shouldn't have been there from the beginning. That adds to the cost and would discourage many from buying it. Having two versions is a good idea.

I’m willing to bet that a lot MORE players do use aftertouch. Otherwise Korg wouldn’t have been under pressure to add it to the specs. There are a LOT of inexpensive keyboards that have aftertouch, so the cost objection doesn’t fly.
Patos1301

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Adding Aftertouch to Nautilus with Gig Performer 4.7 Reply with quote

I understand by using the Gig Performer software, you can add aftertouch features to non-aftertouch keyboards like the Nautilus.

Has anyone tried this method, if so, could u share detailed instructions?

TIA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: