Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate firmwave update from 1.0.5 to 2.1.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shlap1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Wavestate firmwave update from 1.0.5 to 2.1.3 Reply with quote

I have recently bought a new Wavestate which has USB network RNDIS and is running version 1.0.5. I am connecting it via USB directly into a Macbook Pro running Ventura 13.5. I have tried everything including boot mode and cannot get past: 'waiting for device.' It happens when I try to update to 1.0.6 or 2.1.3.

When it’s connected to the Mac it does not show up as a MIDI device in Mac’s Audio MIDI Setup app.

It has audio out through a Focusrite Scarlet and that works fine. I also have a Yamaha MODX which connects through the USB into Cubase and audio through Focusrite. Yes I am using USB docks but I have connected the Wavestate directly into the Mac USB port.

HELP please!

Stewart
samriccijr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Schlap1!

You have to update to 1.06 using a MacOS earlier than 11. I used 10.13 High Sierra.

On the PC, you can use Windows 7, 10 or 11.

Once updated to 1.06, change the usb protocol to

RNDIS for Windows 7 or 8 running 1.06
NCM for Mac or Windows 10

Also check the installation PDF for any instructions specific to your OS.

Once the Wavestate is recognized by the OS, be patient, as the update process takes some time.

Hope this helps.

Sam in NJ USA
shlap1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam.

I have found the answer to this in Korg's compatibility report:

https://www.korg.com/download/global/support/os/pdf/mac_compatibilitychart_KORG_en.pdf

Korg are working on it! Mac as usual has left the developers chasing their tails. I will wait. I am not prepared to go to the risk of downgrading from Ventura to an earlier OS.

If anyone else wants to do this Sweetwater has the instructions:

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/macos-13-ventura-compatibility-guide/#Third-Party-software-compatibility

Thanks for your help,
Stewart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: