Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find a replacement for diode 4 in a Korg M1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cake101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Where can I find a replacement for diode 4 in a Korg M1? Reply with quote

Hello,
My Korg M1 is not working, and I am in the process of replacing the capacitors and some resistors and a diode that had some corrosion on the PSU.
The diode is D4 in the schematic.
The Hitachi 1SS84 diode. The specs are here: https://pdf.dzsc.com/88889/22732.pdf
This is no longer manufactured, it seems.

The 1N4148 is seen as a replacement. However, if I look at the specs for those, I am met with different values.
Like these:
https://uk.farnell.com/w/c/semiconductors-discretes/diodes-rectifiers/small-signal-diodes?diode-mounting=through-hole&product-range=1n4148&range=inc-in-stock

The forward V max available is 1V, not 0.8V. Peak reverse voltage is 100V, there is the recovery time. Some things are not listed.
What can I use?
Any help would be appreciated.
T3owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I find a replacement for diode 4 in a Korg M1? Reply with quote

A 1N4148 appears to be a good substitute for the 1SS84. Differences in the specs should not matter in the M1 application.

Make sure that you remove any of the yellow glue on the board. It absorbs moisture, becomes conductive, and corrodes component leads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: