Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVESTATE & SAMPLE BUILDER SAVED MY BACK - THANK YOU!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samriccijr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:17 pm    Post subject: WAVESTATE & SAMPLE BUILDER SAVED MY BACK - THANK YOU! Reply with quote

Hi All!

I just purchased a WAVESTATE and updated the OS to 2.13, and all ll I can say is:

OMG! WAVESTATE & SAMPLE BUILDER SAVED MY BACK! THANK YOU!

Background: My long-term goal was to play my go-to sounds from a laptop or iphone, to be controller-independent, and to have a backup set of sounds in case something fails lol!

So I multi-sampled my Kronos 88 and Prophet 6 (German 6-velocity, Full Tines 5 v, Still Crazy 7v, K German Tines 5, Prophet PWM and Saw) to Kontakt, EXS, SFZ and SF2 formats.

My first WAVESTATE test was to load my multisample instruments.

Using 10.13 High Sierra, I upgraded the WAVESTATE os from 1.03 to 1.06 and 2.13. This was the longest part of the process but it was successful!

I saved each Kontakt instrument’ velocity range as a separate instrument in a separate folders. I imported each layer’s samples into Sample Builder and created a multisample file for each layer. I saved the multisample file in the sample folder with the WAV files.

Then I combined all of the Multisamples into a 1.3-Gig Sample bank, and sent it to the WAVESTATE.

Then, using the Basic Velocity Switch Piano program (Thank you, Dan!), I loaded my multi-velocity multisamples into the wavesequence slots.

TE WAVESTATE PASSES THE FIRST TEST!
THE NEW MULTI PERFORMANCES JUST WORK! AND SOUND GREAT TOO!

The Kronos 88 and Prophet 6 can stay home, and I for shows I can use the WAVESTATE with any lightweight keyboard.

The second test is to load Ableton and GarageBand AIFC loops,
so I can leave the laptop at home too!

Thank you Korg!

Sam in NJ USA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: