Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - PA5x OS1.2.1 (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Pa5X compressed Stereo PCM saving bug also in drum samples Reply with quote

Pa5X compressed Stereo PCM saving bug also in smaller drum samples

I recently imported in both Pa4X & Pa5X some small drum stereo samples for a new DK like BD/Snare/Toms as used to work with Pa4X.
I compressed in both arranger samples , saved in SET & KST format relatively and when loaded back , in Pa4X worked fine
but in Pa5X the majority of samples were destroyed as described in my compression bug reference here
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=129358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=16

This is the worst Pa5X bug that prevents users to work with sound development !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
JagiChan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject: Bug: Matrix Velocity Curve Reply with quote

The matrix velocity curve cannot be set. It is grayed out. Settings -> Controllers

See Matrix and try to change the curve type; not possible. Brick wall
The default is Medium.
taletdk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I turn it on sometimes the keyboard does not want to receive the command in the mixer field of the pads/kbd button. I have to go into style edit and exit for it to work properly

Korg PA5X-76, Korg PA4X-61K, Shure Beta 87A, Shure Beta 58A, Shure KSM-8, Midas MR-18, ZOOM H2N, Earthworks Audio SR40V,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much Bugs!
I wonder IF they have adressed them and When it will be out!??

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using a pedal to advance in the Setlist, press down loads the next, but when released it then selects the next one after that...Cannot set in prefs momentary or latch..

You can, if you just tap it very VERY lightly get it to just go to the next song...but in the "heat of battle" on stage, not always easy to do.
Carsten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug: Matrix Velocity Curve Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
The matrix velocity curve cannot be set. It is grayed out. Settings -> Controllers

See Matrix and try to change the curve type; not possible. Brick wall
The default is Medium.

The backlit-function does not work as well. You can change from Strong to Off - nothing happens.
JagiChan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Bug: Matrix Velocity Curve Reply with quote

Carsten wrote:
The backlit-function does not work as well. You can change from Strong to Off - nothing happens.

Correct. This bug has existed since V1.0 and has NOT been corrected!!

I had already written about this see my post here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=129358&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=23
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song Edit Mode: user cannot access any other parts while song is playing.

So you cannot edit different parts as the song is playing.

If you simply want to adjust the volume of a part for example, that is not selected when the song starts, you actually have to stop the song change parts adjust the volume and then start the song at the beginning again!!
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't use typical style pads and matrix pads at the same time
Gianul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scratching noise happens sometimes when using the vocoder harmony and stays until reboot
Sometimes keyboard freezes caused by bad styles and nothing can be done but reboot
Song book is missing the entrys I made in the coresponding category, they can be only found in main list

Otherwise this keyboard is a beast, love it!

Korg M3, Radias and Pa3x 76
mstodola

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Pop style category, List 4, when the Standard 8 Beat is chosen, it plays Ending 1, then goes to variation 1. This is really weird. Was this intentional? It doesn't do this in the Pa4x. I know it can be fixed by creating a User version of the style, but .........
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abrupt restart after changing the filename

after renaming an mp3 file, the pa5x restarted. it remained freezed for about 5 seconds, then it restarted.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Critical Bug in KBD SET interface with custom Stereo Sounds

A new very weird bug was discovered when a SOUND with user stereo samples is inserted in KBD Set interface.
I created a real stereo piano SOUND with imported stereo samples , in SOUND mode this stereo piano had the normal polyphony of
over 128 notes but when was used in any Upper slot of KBD SET interface , this piano had a polyphony lower than 32 notes !!!

I tried the real stereo factory piano Austrian Grand in KBD SET and it worked fine , but when replaced with mine polyphony is dramatically reduced.
- I tried to investigate KBD SET settings and nothing found and even when in factory pianos KBD SET I replace factory with mine the same happens.
- In SOUND mode both Austrian Grand and my piano are working fine with nominal polyphony so this bug concerns only custom stereo samples.
- The same custom piano that was created with normal stereo pair multisamples , works fine in any KBD SET.
- The same happens with uncompressed stereo samples in OS v.1.2 and in OS v.1.21 with compressed & uncompressed samples.

The destiny of Pa5X seems that was written to be unable to handle real user stereo samples feature ... what a shame !
Hope to be addressed soon

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
taletdk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: text returns all the way from the beginning to the first pos Reply with quote

When I use the text to read for a song and now for example I have reached the second part of the song and if I turn off the style the text returns to me all the way from the beginning to the first position. Please solve this problem

Korg PA5X-76, Korg PA4X-61K, Shure Beta 87A, Shure Beta 58A, Shure KSM-8, Midas MR-18, ZOOM H2N, Earthworks Audio SR40V,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tavro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject: PA5x - Bugs upon bugs! Reply with quote

Dear all,

GGR !

After another really frustrating morning, I'm really surprised how few Pa5x bugs are reported here. And as for all the missing functions !

Perhaps, like me, others are still trying to get something musical out of the beast. And, in the process of trying to be creative, have little inclination to document faults for an uncaring manufacturer.

I'm so pleased that I didn't trade in my Pa4x.

Last edited by tavro on Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: