Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - PA5x OS1.2.1 (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:04 am    Post subject: Problem report - PA5x OS1.2.1 (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!) Reply with quote

For problems found with OS 1.2.1 installed...
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
shi266

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject: undo Reply with quote

1.where the undo on record style ?
2 don't fix the number measure of var 1 ,2,3,4 [https://ibb.co/9trrX4B]
look imag on link .need look how measure the same pa4x.

Last edited by shi266 on Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:53 am; edited 3 times in total
taletdk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styles who used track with DK guitar rytham styles patern dont work ok work just in C Major and c minor. it worked on the first one O.S.

Korg PA5X-76, Korg PA4X-61K, Shure Beta 87A, Shure Beta 58A, Shure KSM-8, Midas MR-18, ZOOM H2N, Earthworks Audio SR40V,

Last edited by taletdk on Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goranbeograd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send transpose message to another keyboard,dosent work?it worked on the first one O.S.
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... n/a

Last edited by pax-eterna.1 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So before OS 1.1.0 it quickly became apparent that of some the Factory Folders where missing for the main PADS, specifically, FACTORY> Drum and FACTORY> Synth, this was reported to Korg Uk who confirmed my findings and pasted my report to the Development Team at Korg Italy...

Although the FACTORY Folders where missing you could still locate the the Drum Sequences and Synth Sequences in the Factory Styles to be used through the main PAD BUTTON, but they where not available to use freely and assign to other Styles as seen previously on Pa3x and Pa4x...

OS 1.1.0. arrived with the much needed stability along with the missing FACTORY> Synth (PAD Folder), BUT.. still missing the FACTORY >Drum (PAD Folder)?...

A further conversation with Korg UK and my report was again submitted early after OS 1.1.0 to Korg Italy, (here we go)...BUT still with the release of OS 1.2.0 today, we are missing the FACTORY> Drum (PAD Folders), now considering we are moving in the right direction with OS 1.2.0 I have to say, once again i am dismayed and disappointed with the allusive missing FACTORY> Drum (PAD Folder) with the event of OS 1.2.0, this should not be difficult to rectify and i would considered these to be rudimentary operation for PA keyboard...

We all know the definition of madness, but again, I will phone Korg Uk
who will probably file another report while Italy start slowing down for their national summer shutdown...

Am I frustrated?...YOU BET.

Last edited by D575 on Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total
the_boss81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not changed, tha same like with OS 1.1: After load a new song (song book or list edit) the voice procesor preset load imediatelly without to wait until the actual song ist played to the end.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After update, korg pa5x guitar mode loops dont change key, that track plays in same key no matter what you play....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/382415727312841/permalink/598948968992848/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share&mibextid=6aamW6
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Manual Bass Select button no longer stays fixed (at this stage I am not using the Lock option under Preferences) it goes off when selecting a new style. The Manual Bass status is not saveable in a Songbook file.

2. It jumps an octave (ignoring the transpose setting) when changing a variation. Style starts with manual bass in correct octave, (needed for +1 because with the factory settings it is an octave too low) but at first variation change it jumps an octave (essentially going to +2) automatically and stays there.

Both things make manual bass pretty much unusable.

I think Perhaps Korg tried to fix the initial issue of Manual Bass octave, but botched the editing.
the_boss81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the update to 1.2 the midi files have gone crazy - it's like the tracks are mixed up, e.g. on channel 2 the drums play instead of the bass - has anyone noticed anything similar?
the_boss81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now checked, this happend only when play the midi from song book, direck from folder it is OK. Any comments? Thanks in advance.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two issues with TAP/RESET that haven't been mentioned
1) When you hit that button it cuts off even the keyboard set voices (what you are playing with the right hand)
2) When you select a new style and hit TAP/RESET BEFORE the style has actually changed, it shows that it has moved to the new style but it never moves to it.It continues playing the old one.

And another one which is present since the first os but it is just a wrong label.
Inside style recording mode, there is a button called delete Chord Variation (or something close to that, i m not in front of the keyboard right now).That button does NOT delete the CV but instead it deletes the selected track!

Another minor one is that when you enter the new style edit parameters (eg Quantize) it does not autoselect the track you had selected in the record page (main page of style recording) as it always did and so you can accidentally change the wrong track.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
galambjozsef
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Saving a TimeSlice ... Reply with quote

Saving a TimeSlice as a Drum or Sound (Save Time Slice) will offer the Factory, Legacy, XG/GM (and future Local) locations as a save location, thus overwriting the existing one.
Restoring is only possible after saving the current user data, then reinstalling the OS, and then after reloading any user data, the instrument will be in the same state as it was before, since this factory data cannot be unlocked at the moment, and the original that may have been saved it is not possible to reload drums or sounds
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQLVEpgRn0k
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Organization of user styles and sets by alphabetical order needs to go!
I need to put styles and sounds where I want!

Also here is an easy one. Where the & #$# is the
delete note button in style edit?
Maybe I wanna try different patterns, drums, per etc as the style is recording? I can't stress how important this is.
It's been a feature that's been there since the i30 days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: