Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca bass peak knob stopped working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawlingchaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject: Volca bass peak knob stopped working Reply with quote

I have tried in vain to find a solution to this but it seems to be not an issue most have. Everything works perfectly, just the peak knob does nothing. I have been searching online for a solution to this for months.

It is running the latest firmware (didn't work before or after). Have factory reset, opened it up and cleaned it (very gently), tried resetting the solder on the 2 contact points that the schematic pointed us to. Nothing seems to work. I'm about to give up on it and it's frustrating because, like I said, everything else works perfectly.

If anyone has any suggestions I will be grateful. I'm hoping its something dumb that I've just missed.
synthpeter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two contact points? That doesn't seem like the right point for the Peak control.

The Peak potentiometer has three contacts. First step would be to use a multimeter to check the voltages across the contacts. Make sure the unit is switched on. Between the outer two you should measure 5V difference. Then measure between one of the outer ones and the middle one. You should see a voltage that changes while turning of the Peak dial. If this doesn't happen the potentiometer itself or the supply to the potentiometer is broken.
Crawlingchaos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much appreciated, I had hoped it was something dumb and it looks like it might be if I had followed it wrong and got the wrong contacts. Digging the mutimeter out this weekend.

Thankyou, wish me luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: