Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject: New 1000 Reply with quote

I just purchased a new 1000 to use as a backup for my PA4. As some of you know I have been a member of this forum for many years (I'm 82).
I freely admit that I am not very smart on the technical issues. So this is where I come to for help.
When I receive the new 1000 I would like to transfer some or all of what I have arranged and stored on my PA4 Songbook. If someone knows of a tutorial I can refer to, please send it to me.
Also I would like to know what is the newest OS for the 1000. I will check what's on the new one when I get it.
Thanks very much to all. Look forward to your response.

Chuck
Ohio, USA
Old fingers
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use the songbook editor.

Only problem you may come across is sounds from the keyboard sets used by the songbook entries, that are not present in the Pa1000 which the Pa4x has.

You will probably need to select alternatives
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject: PA4x and pa1000 Reply with quote

chuck

check your mail
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject: Duby Reply with quote

I checked my mail. Nothing there.
Old fingers
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: PA4x and pa1000 Reply with quote

You need to make a backup of all your PA 4 and all of your PA 1000 turn off the factory protection.
I'll make a backup what's up protection off so you can go back to where you were if you don't like what I have.

on my SD card I have a folder of all MIDI songs another folder labeled MP3 songs another folder labeled text which would have all my text of words of songs or chord progressions of songs that are linked to a particular song..

Without a copy of my SD card most of the songs will not work..

But

you can now see how I loaded 99% of the P4x into my P1000,, the same banks,,

the PA 1000 has all user styles there are no favorites so I had to compensate,,

PA 1000 user bank 1-2 and three match up with PA4 user bank 123 but not the favorites the PA 1000 has no favorites so I changed things..

Each user bank has 48 styles in it which is a lot I used a total of three of them at the most so I put all of my styles that I need to perform and the first three user slots now it becomes easy to copy from one to another,,,

all of my MP3 songs are in the same MP3 folder on the SD card both SD cards are identical in each keyboard so they link up perfectly together never no trouble with MP3 only stalls and now I figured out how to make it easier and it works,,

also keyboard sets all match up 99% so there's no changing or playing around with keyboards sets or pads or user sounds..
Also samples that I made exchange between both keyboards perfectly pan perfectly hook up to the user sounds nothing to change they load right in on both keyboards makes it easy.

I used the songbook for the computer all the time I found out that when I would copy and paste from 1 to another all work fine except styles and then I figured out how that worked which made it really simple but now and the method I'm using now works even easier,

so after you make a backup full backup of each keyboard you can load this into your P4 and P1000 and chapare and see what I did and just copy and do it with whatever songs or styles that you have I hope it helps I'll put a link here so you could download it,,
as I said most won't work because you do not have my SD card when it comes to MP3 or MIDI songs

https://www.mediafire.com/file/shxyudxmq6rpoqr/user_3-p1-5-13-23.SET.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sooz00wkr9b92eh/user3-p4-5-13-23.SET.rar/file
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject: You are a master Reply with quote

It is obvious to me that you are very well mind schooled on this subject. I wish I had half your smarts. It's a shame Korg doesn't have a tutorial in the book that comes with the 1000. Fortunately for you and me, I did find a tutorial on the internet that deals with this issue. I am very sorry to have put you through so much. The only thing I can do is say Thank you!

Chuck
Ohio,USA
Old fingers
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject: PA4x and pa1000 Reply with quote

all good..

if you backup all of you stuff you can reload it and be back to were you are ...

if you want to try and see how i did it .. and then reload you sets

or not .

have fun. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: