Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me - KRONOS with Half Damper Pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanate

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject: Help me - KRONOS with Half Damper Pedal Reply with quote

I used M Gear's pedals, but they are broken, so I want to buy new ones. I currently have a Yamaha FC3A on my shopping list, will it work with the Kronos?
I tried to use the Roland DP-10 before, but the pedal did not work properly no matter how much I set it in Global Setting. So I hope users can give me an answer.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best is to go with the Korg DS1H pedal, made for the Kronos.
shanate

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Best is to go with the Korg DS1H pedal, made for the Kronos.

Thanks for your answer. Then, Are there any alternatives other than using the DS1H?

////
Your Kronos Custom looks so good.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there and thanks for the comment. Wink

Hopefully others here can confirm if there are other good alternatives. The problem is that each pedal that offers half-damper/half-pedalling has a specific resistance range between its wires, so even though some can work they might not give an optimal response on the Kronos as a sustain pedal if you play lots of acoustic piano sounds.

If you need, I can use my meter and give you the DS1H values, but then you would have to verify these with the seller or bring an ohmmeter/DMM while shopping. Cool
shanate

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hi there and thanks for the comment. Wink

Hopefully others here can confirm if there are other good alternatives. The problem is that each pedal that offers half-damper/half-pedalling has a specific resistance range between its wires, so even though some can work they might not give an optimal response on the Kronos as a sustain pedal if you play lots of acoustic piano sounds.

If you need, I can use my meter and give you the DS1H values, but then you would have to verify these with the seller or bring an ohmmeter/DMM while shopping. Cool

I decide to buy DS1H that you recommened lol. On my way to buy it, I'll have to ask and try if the FC3A works well.

//By the way, How can you change the led color your kronos?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

About the color LEDs mod, to make a long story short I always thought those white LEDs were blinding as too strong, especially in a dark environment. Also, colored buttons can help - like coded categories of instruments, etc. To achieve that you need color acetates for camera lighting that you cut in small pieces and place on top of the LEDs.

Discussion : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=111549

Very short video : https://vimeo.com/234769273
Xenophile

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Yamaha half-damper pedal will work with Korg if you re-wire it or use an adapter to swap the tip and ring of the connector. Better to get the Korg pedal.
shanate

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
I think the Yamaha half-damper pedal will work with Korg if you re-wire it or use an adapter to swap the tip and ring of the connector. Better to get the Korg pedal.

Finally I'll buy Korg DS1H yes...
Thx for your answer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: