Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sintex and issue with editor software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donethur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:52 am    Post subject: Sintex and issue with editor software Reply with quote

Hello, when I connect via midi usb my Nautilus, i have two issues:

1- there is an error stating that a proper OS could not be detected when I open the Nautilus editor, and it ask me to upload a higher one. But my Nautilus has the latest OS, just downloaded and installed from the Korgs website (I am sure it was done correctly).

2- then when the editor is open, it says it is waiting for the Syntex but it never received the information it seems because when I press program or combi it asks me to get Syntex again. What am I missing here?.

I have a Scarlett Focusrite 4i4 interface connected via USB and the Nautilus connected to another USB port. It seems the software detects the Focusrite port, but doesn’t receive the Sintex info.

Thanks a lot in advance!.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
Can you check to see if you have the latest version of the Nautilus Editor software installed on your computer also? This is to ensure compatibility with the version of the Nautilus OS that you have installed on your Keyboard.

Needs to be the right combination on both ends if you get what I mean.

Kind regards
Sharp.
Donethur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hello.
Can you check to see if you have the latest version of the Nautilus Editor software installed on your computer also? This is to ensure compatibility with the version of the Nautilus OS that you have installed on your Keyboard.

Needs to be the right combination on both ends if you get what I mean.

Kind regards
Sharp.

Hi thanks for your answer. The editor is the latest from the website. This:

When I start the app, I get this error:

Then it goes to this place where it remains forever loading

The Nautilus aparentely responds. I also have to say that I have the latest MIDI-USB driver from the Korgs website

As you can see here, i also have the latest OS version installed

And last, this is the MIDI setup I have in my Nautilus. I have my Focusrite conencted to a 3.0 USB port, and the Nautilus to a 2.0 USB port. I connected it to a 3.2 USB port as well, same result.

Donethur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have to say that the midi USB cable I am using is the same I use with my Nord Stage 3, this should not mater, right?, for the Nord it works OK.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth trying a different and, ideally, shorter USB cable. If the system is operating at the higher speed end of the USB spec, then cables can make a difference.

Donethur

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It's worth trying a different and, ideally, shorter USB cable. If the system is operating at the higher speed end of the USB spec, then cables can make a difference.

Ok I will try. I can’t use less than 1.5 meters, The cable can’t be so close to the computer it would be nonsense. I wonder why this doesn’t happen with my Nord with the very same cable. I really think if this is the reason, Korg should optimize this. I have never had such issues with other devices in the past.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: