Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5X - 88-key "review"...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:52 pm    Post subject: Pa5X - 88-key "review"... Reply with quote

Anyone interested in the 88-key Pa5X should watch (and listen) to this 88-key demo on YouTube from Synth Cloud.

She is obviously a very talented classical pianist.

And while the video was made to show the piano sounds of the Ps5X - she does answer questions from viewers regarding the 88-key keybed.

In short - she says it has:

"... excellent dynamic response..."

"... a fantastic keybed and the piano sound is also really high quality."

"... very smooth and playable."

So, take it for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT-7QFIjrsw
Bromalex-vic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you "G" for the link to this very good piano demo of the Pa5X 88.

Just a "small correction" Smile The pianist is a man. An Italian, named Riccardo Torti.

In his Youtube channel, in January 2023, he made some very interesting comments on the 88 version keybed.

He says it is a Fatar TP100 Custom and adds that he actually believes it to be the newest Fatar TP110 "disguised" ... maybe because of some marketing or exclusive deals preventing Korg from stating it is the newest version.

In his opinion, the Pa5X 88 keybed is a step forward regarding the older TP100 with a very good response, but refers some doubts regarding its reliability and durability over time.

Also, given its almost 5000 € price, he believes that Korg should have included the better Fatar TP40 keybed, instead! even if that increased the weight of the machine a few kilograms more.

By the way he considers the Pa5X 61 and 76 semi-weighted keybeds as the best on the market, without a doubt.

You can check all this in his video from 3m20sec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcfKpe5ycRc#t=3m20s

Cheers
G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, I just saw the hands and they looked... well... Razz

Very nice to hear what he has to say about the keybed - it is my main concern.

And I agree totally with his sentiment of a $5,300 keyboard having the TP40...
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you G,
great clip, haven’t seen that before.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bromalex-vic wrote:
Thank you "G" for the link to this very good piano demo of the Pa5X 88.

Just a "small correction" Smile The pianist is a man. An Italian, named Riccardo Torti.

In his Youtube channel, in January 2023, he made some very interesting comments on the 88 version keybed.

He says it is a Fatar TP100 Custom and adds that he actually believes it to be the newest Fatar TP110 "disguised" ... maybe because of some marketing or exclusive deals preventing Korg from stating it is the newest version.

In his opinion, the Pa5X 88 keybed is a step forward regarding the older TP100 with a very good response, but refers some doubts regarding its reliability and durability over time.

Also, given its almost 5000 € price, he believes that Korg should have included the better Fatar TP40 keybed, instead! even if that increased the weight of the machine a few kilograms more.

By the way he considers the Pa5X 61 and 76 semi-weighted keybeds as the best on the market, without a doubt.

You can check all this in his video from 3m20sec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcfKpe5ycRc#t=3m20s

Cheers

No word yet on the keybed they use? I played the 110 on numa piano, its a very nice action, good for playing piano’s as well as organs and synths and everything in between…. As long as its a triple sensor action, i am okay with it.

Its almost imposible to find a demo version of the 88 key..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a shop in the Netherlands that has a demo unit of the 88 keys, so tomorrow i will finally have a chance to test the keybed myself…

I will report back inhere Cool
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I have found a shop in the Netherlands that has a demo unit of the 88 keys, so tomorrow i will finally have a chance to test the keybed myself…

Hi Bachus, great that you can get to try one.
The 88 keys hasn’t suited everyone.
The operating system is a work in progress, so really it’s whether the hardware suits or not, and whether you like the overall sound.
The operating system should be updated in a few weeks, so you have time, as I gather you weren’t planning on buying yet anyway.
At least you’ll know whether it’s worth waiting for the musikant or not.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Bachus wrote:

The operating system is a work in progress, so really it’s whether the hardware suits or not, and whether you like the overall sound.
The operating system should be updated in a few weeks, so you have time, as I gather you weren’t planning on buying yet anyway.

bad luck, shop was closed, despite their website showing them as open on this day...

Where would you place the key action?

If its anything like the TP 110 i played (Numa X Piano) then i am sold. TP100 might be acceptable but TP8, TP9 and TP10 would be unacceptable...

TP40 and TP400 will not be an action to use either, they are to much piano oreitned and leave you in the dust with Synths and organs
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
Bachus wrote:

bad luck, shop was closed, despite their website showing them as open on this day...

If its anything like the TP 110 i played (Numa X Piano) then i am sold. TP100 might be acceptable but TP8, TP9 and TP10 would be unacceptable...

TP40 and TP400 will not be an action to use either, they are to much piano oreitned and leave you in the dust with Synths and organs

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=820626&sid=9192f6b46f3f304baaca61b1d290a60e

Quote>
"On the Label the Fatar TP-100 is printed. Nothing more."
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Bachus wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
Bachus wrote:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=820626&sid=9192f6b46f3f304baaca61b1d290a60e

Quote>
"On the Label the Fatar TP-100 is printed. Nothing more."

As long as it has the triple sensors, i guess thats what you try to describe, it should be okay…

Makes you wonder why Korg choose Tp100 tough, price difference is rather small between 100 and 110 but the 110 is a step forward in player experience and a leap forward in long term reliability..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a chance to play the 88 key international version (for the Dutch: they have a demo at Oostendorp in Hilversum) i got the chance to play it for like 2 hours.

First of, it confirmed that i am in the market for one, as i seriously need to cut down my setup…. As an arranger i am pretty sure it will offer all we ever need when its finished.

Then to the keybed. I played it and compared it to my Kronos. And i must say, i enjoyed playing it, its rather accurate and not to heavy… i think its better for piano sounds then the Kronos.. but i think the kronos still is better suited for synth and organs.. i do think it got the tripple sensors in there. Which would explain why it feels so accurate..

But then i compared it to the Nord stage 4, Kawai MP7se and the Roland RD2000. And even the numa X piano(non gt) I shouldn’t have done that, they all three feel leagues better. So i turned attention back to the PA5x and played some more.. testing more then just the piano, which confirmed to me that a pa5x is the way to go.. it offers most i need. And i am pretty sure the rest will follow over time..

Strange, where the 76 key version offers pretty much the best keybed for weighted keys available on the market, why didn’t they make the same choice for a better 88 keys keybed, because i guess thats the market where quallity amd realisme is even more important.

Lets see what the next software update brings, before i bite the bullet on 5 grand..
mate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Korg Pa5x RH-3 (88 keys) keybed like the Nautilus?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mate wrote:
Is the Korg Pa5x RH-3 (88 keys) keybed like the Nautilus?

No its a Fatar keybed..
Which in my opinion is miles ahead of that RH3 on the Nautilus as it has tripple sensor and aftertouch and a nice feel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: