Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Compatibility

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al urezzio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:11 am    Post subject: Help Compatibility Reply with quote

Can I transfer styles from my Korg Pa3x into the pa1000
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Compatibility Pa3x to Pa1000 Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:
Can I transfer styles from my Korg Pa3x into the pa1000

Compatibility of Pa1000 is described in Manual (E8, page 923 ff).

However, it should be noted that the Pa1000 can READ different file types, but due to the pre-configured type of data inside the instrument’s memory is slightly more rigidly structured than data in a computer.

LOADING incompatible data from other Pa models - such as the Pa3x - causes errors in the memory, which may not be noticed immediately but can then cause unpleasant system failures.

Even if it is described in the manual that "most data of Pa3x can be loaded as if they were Pa1000 data", it is strongly recommended toTRANSFORM these data BEFORE FIRST LOADING.

That easily can be done with file set of Pa3x from an USB-Device selecting it as DIRECT (Global > Mode Preferences > Media page). Selecting a folder from a different Pa-Series instrument will ask if it is want to convert the data to a format that Pa1000 can read. Confirm this and you are prompted to choose a name and position for the [b]new SET folder[/b].

Now this NEW setfile of DIRECT type of data can be selected as DIRECT SET from the tabs on top of the list. It also is possible for loading this setfile, which now already has been converted into the Pa1000 without causing memory-errors because of incompatibility.

PS:Important for ALL Pa100-User - read postings of of STICKY: Problems Report for Pa1000/Pa700 (no wish-lists)
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119133

BR wrote:
... my personal experiences after more than 20 years using different korg arrangers, I would say regarding Pa1000 or even Pa700, the problems come from the Korg Factory design, could be Hardware or Software.
It is not about the older Pa series sets that we use generally, as Korg advertises in their website that their arrangers are compatible with the old Pa series sets . ...

I think the described problems are because in its manuals KORG published "you can load most data as if they were Pa1000 data". KORG never pointed out that loading data from other Pa models can cause serious errors even, if you did not convert these data instead loading such incompatible data

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: