Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unrealbook on the Nautilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fluna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject: Unrealbook on the Nautilus Reply with quote

So I’m wanting to use an iPad and send midi signals to the Nautilus via Unrealbook app.

I realize that all signals on Unrealbook are to be expressed in hex (I can deal with that) but what I don’t know is what the valid bank addresses are.

I took a look at the parameter guide and the MIDI implementation and frankly I am not sure how to interpret them.

What is the range of possible combinations to send for programs and the range to send for combis?

If I wanted, say, Italian Grand Piano, what is the address I should communicate to the Nautilus? Is it A001 but expressed as hex? Is there any header information to send as well that would ensure the Nautilus responds to it?

Also: Can you get the Nautilus to jump to a combi or program from Unrealbook without having to touch anything on the Nautilus?
fluna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resorted to AI, LOL...

Here's the response (using "Eleanor Rigby Strings" as an example). I hope this helps someone:

"To send MSB and LSB values for bank H 051 "Eleanor Rigby Strings" on the Korg Nautilus, you would need to convert the bank number to MSB and LSB values in hexadecimal format. Bank H corresponds to decimal value 72, which is represented in hexadecimal as "48".

Here is the message to select bank H 051 "Eleanor Rigby Strings" on the Korg Nautilus, using MSB and LSB values in hexadecimal format:

B0 00 00 ( selects MIDI channel 1 )
B0 00 20 ( sets the MSB for bank select to 0 )
B0 20 48 ( sets the LSB for bank select to 48 )
C0 00 ( sends a program change message to select the first program in the bank )

In this message, the "B0" prefix indicates a control change message on MIDI channel 1, while the "C0" prefix indicates a program change message on the same channel. The "00" in the second byte is the control change number for bank select MSB, and the "20" in the third byte is the control change number for bank select LSB. The "48" in the fourth byte is the value to set the LSB for bank H. The "00" in the program change message is the program number to select within the specified bank.

When programming this message in a PDF, you would need to specify the MSB and LSB values for the bank select message in hexadecimal format, as shown above."
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m curious, did the AI get it right for you in this instance?

For the laugh I threw your post right now into GPT and it gave me an answer I knew was wrong by reading it’s explanation. So asked it to check that answer as it looks wrong and it agreed it was incorrect. It then gave me a second answer I could tell was always wrong.

Kind regards
Sharp.
fluna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I’m curious, did the AI get it right for you in this instance?

For the laugh I threw your post right now into GPT and it gave me an answer I knew was wrong by reading it’s explanation. So asked it to check that answer as it looks wrong and it agreed it was incorrect. It then gave me a second answer I could tell was always wrong.

Kind regards
Sharp.

No luck yet. I also had to reprompt because the first answer was only a one-liner and didn’t really show MSB/LSB values, like I’ve come to learn was needed.

Once I prompted for that it came up with that answer. I crashes a transmoforbic button (or whatever the hell it’s called), passing that string exactly. No response. Made sure both ends were listening on channel 1.

Nothing.

Asked if I need to be in combi mode. It said yes. Still no joy. Have a show tomorrow so I’ll probably give up for now unless someone reading this might chime in with the correct incantation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: