Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG MP10 PRO LCD Replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinthorpe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject: KORG MP10 PRO LCD Replacement Reply with quote

My LCD started flickering badly. The touchscreen worked fine, but the underlying data screen would become so feint it was unreadable at times. Pretty important in a device centered around LCD control.

I've been using it regularly for 11 years and gigging with it frequently so I was getting concerned.

I found the exact part number for the LCD including touch screen at Aliexpress.com.... UMSH 8294MD 1T for $150 including tax and shipping.

Took about 2 weeks to arrive from China. Replacement was straightforward.
5 Phillips case screws, 4 hard drive screws and remove. 5 main board screws and 5 side board screws. Remove the touch screen little ribbon cable gently by pulling on it and then tip main and side board up and back away from screen. Remove 4 screws holding LCD in place through foil screens. Pop off main ribbon cable (undo the clip with fingernail) and the little power plug and remove LCD and replace everything in reverse, remembering to remove the protective film from the screen first and reattach the 2 simple shock buffers.

The new LCD is actually better/brighter and more colorful than the original was. Hope this helps someone with a similar problem.
Raffles1968

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, wonder if there is anything I should look out for as the 16x2 lcd for my Korg Microstation backlight isplay lights up but nothing else can be seen, despite me adjusting the contrast knob on the unit. Thanks!

Regards
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: