Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3 expected Launch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andfri78

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject: Kronos 3 expected Launch Reply with quote

Does someone know when the successor Kronos 3 is expected?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can only dream. There’s not even been the slightest rumour.

Regards
Sharp.
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 3 expected Launch Reply with quote

andfri78 wrote:

I don't think it's expected. Sadly, it would appear that the Kronos was the end of the line for the flagship workstation. As Sharp said, we can dream. But at the moment it seems very unlikely...
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those of us "little folks" not really deep in the industry, the original Kronos was a big surprise. I don't think any of us saw it coming. *IF* there was a follow up after being discontinued, I think it would be a bigger surprise. The Nautilus appears (to me) a stop gap while they prepare for something bigger/better/different/whatever. Sadly I'm going to miss NAMM this year so I'll be that much further out of the loop. Sad

At this point I'm hoping Korg is going to invest more into the soft synths. Some of their later VST's have been pretty good while their old offerings (I'm looking at you Triton and Triton Extreme) have been mediocre at best. The future is VST. There are a lot of people who prefer hardware to soft synths so the trick will be how to make both happy. I'd love to see what sells more - the hardware or software version of the same synthesizer (Modwave, Wavestate, Opsix). Is offering the hardware and VST of the same synth financially advantageous to Korg? I'm hoping so because I love having the option to go hardware or VST.

As a side note, an Akai Force-like groovebox from Korg that contains Kronos/Electribe/etc would be an insta-buy for a LOT of people.

/JustRamblings...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Nord is releasing the Nord Stage 4 this Thursday. I really hope Korg will release an updated Kronos, but not holding my breath.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Well, Nord is releasing the Nord Stage 4 this Thursday. I really hope Korg will release an updated Kronos, but not holding my breath.

Yeah but they dropped the G2, which was an absolute travesty (the dropping of, not the synth).

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:

At this point I'm hoping Korg is going to invest more into the soft synths. Some of their later VST's have been pretty good while their old offerings (I'm looking at you Triton and Triton Extreme) have been mediocre at best. The future is VST.

Agree with you. Having interoperability between instrument and computer-based workflows will be key, and Roland got that right with the ZenCore engine. Korg scored an unbelievably long home run with the OASYS platform but nothing lasts forever. I would not expect a successor flagship workstation. Probably this will alienate many Kronos users, granted.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that Korg release the Kronos sound engines in VST form, and when you think about it we already have two out of the nine in the Korg collection, so only 7 more to go....

That would give me the best of both worlds

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
toeti

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it would be very cool, if it will be possible to share the presets and user sounds between hardware and software Smile
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:

I just got done watching a couple demo videos for the Stage 4. I have to say, that thing is QUITE impressive. This may be my first Nord. That b3 sound is killer.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
kday

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably come in 2025 or by 26 considering there is a chip shortage that may delay production if not already completed. I heard Yamaha is supposed to debut a Montage successor this year from a guy claiming inside sources. If that's true, then Korg would follow up after Yamaha's debut as to not butt heads. Roland is done with the Fantom. Next would be Korg or Yamaha, but Yamaha is rumored to be ready and next, and then Korg.

If Korg were caught in the chip shortage then expect much later. But Kronos I assume is already in production somewhere down the line, if not completed and preparing for a future release.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys (and gals) see Roland's latest announcement?

Go to Youtube and check out the SH-4d.

That's what the Nautilus SHOULD have been. And at that price, I suspect Roland is going to sell a fair number.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Did you guys (and gals) see Roland's latest announcement?

Go to Youtube and check out the SH-4d.

A little hip-hop-focused groove-box(?) thing with no keyboard doesn't interest me at all.

Hopefully I've gotten rid of all the loose bits rattling around in my Kronos, and I'll get a few more good years out of it. It sounds great and I'm still learning all the cool stuff I can do with it. I use it for gigging, and really have no use for the sequencer. So far I'm only using Karma as sort of a midi routing tool.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
A little hip-hop-focused groove-box(?) thing with no keyboard doesn't interest me at all.

HUH?! It goes FAR beyond that. If I didn't do key splits the way I do I'd gig this thing with zero hesitation.

11 Synth Models. 5 part multitimbral (layered or split)

Let’s start with the synth part consisting of oscillators, filter, envelopes, LFOs, and effects. Very classic subtractive synthesis. The oscillators are exciting here as there are 11 different models, aka algorithms, ranging from analog modeling to modern synthesis concepts.

SH-4d – a 4-oscillator algorithm inspired by Roland SH synthesizers from the past.
SH-3d – SH-4d algorithm with three oscillators and a second LFO
chord uses the SH-4d algo in paraphonic
ring – two oscillators shaped by a ring modulator
sync – two oscillators + sync
cross FM – 2-operator FM synthesis
wavetable – 31 wavetables for modern and futuristic sounds
drawing allows you draw custom waveshapes
SH-101 – emulation of the iconic Roland SH-101
Juno-106 – emulation of the iconic Roland Juno-106
PCM allows you to mix up to 4 PCM parts choosing from a wide range of sounds
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
Xenophile wrote:

HUH?! It goes FAR beyond that. If I didn't do key splits the way I do I'd gig this thing with zero hesitation.

11 Synth Models. 5 part multitimbral (layered or split)

Let’s start with the synth part consisting of oscillators, filter, envelopes, LFOs, and effects. Very classic subtractive synthesis. The oscillators are exciting here as there are 11 different models, aka algorithms, ranging from analog modeling to modern synthesis concepts.

SH-4d – a 4-oscillator algorithm inspired by Roland SH synthesizers from the past.
SH-3d – SH-4d algorithm with three oscillators and a second LFO
chord uses the SH-4d algo in paraphonic
ring – two oscillators shaped by a ring modulator
sync – two oscillators + sync
cross FM – 2-operator FM synthesis
wavetable – 31 wavetables for modern and futuristic sounds
drawing allows you draw custom waveshapes
SH-101 – emulation of the iconic Roland SH-101
Juno-106 – emulation of the iconic Roland Juno-106
PCM allows you to mix up to 4 PCM parts choosing from a wide range of sounds

Do you know what the sound engines are, on the Kronos?

andfri78 wrote:

I think it’s more likely Korg will come out with a version two of Nautilus.

Last edited by ITguy54 on Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: