Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from here...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject: Greetings from here... Reply with quote

I am relatively new to the Korg Fourms and super happy that it is back online after a short outage.

Last year I acquired an og Korg KARMA and it has become a center piece of many recent compositions! Also having downloaded many (all) the sound sets from the other side of the website "fence".

I want to say how much I appreciate this community of Korg enthusiasts and especially thankful to Stephen Kay for his prolific dedication to the KAMRA platform.

PEACE
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very warm welcome...

..you actually own the red KARMA?

I'll send you a PM later..

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the og KARMA has become a slight obsession for me. And, yes, currently the og Korg KARMA WS is at the center of my home studio creativity. I really enjoy using it's functions in unexpected ways. I have found that the KARMA algorithms offer fantastic results within the contemporary world of generative music creation. KARMA offers really great phrasings and “rules” for an otherwise overly random or chaotic musical composition. And the REALTIME reactiveness to my actual playing is, as of yet, unfound in any other product.

The incredible work and efforts by Stephen to create his musical dream has opened up possibilities for my own. Whether its strictly midi modulation or the “humanized” phrasing which KARMA provides, using these as a basis to drive other synths and sound modules is unparalleled.

And the reverse is also true, driving KARMA by other means has been a wonderful world of exploration. From all sorts of controllers such as using a DrumKat 3.8, Roland TR08, Alesis MMT8, to now exploring even rain as a KARMA trigger, I am constantly blown away with the results.

I recently purchased MW and have embarked along the wondrous path of creating GE’s from scratch… And even as Stephen, nicely, reminded me that I am dealing with the first version of KARMA, I have in no way felt limited, nonetheless and allthemore look forward to getting into version 3 eventually with another WS.

The physical limitations of the og WS simply hinder what KARMA is capable of. It was very frustrating to be limited by the, understandable, choices that KORG had to make to reach a price point and stay within the Triton framework. But to have only 8 knobs and a few other onboard controls is no way to unleash KARMA. So I dove under the hood and have been cataloging all REALTIME SysEx messages and developing an open source solution to gain direct access to ALL the functions thru an external controller, which also provides for REALTIME visualization of the parameters, in a complementary role even when using MW for a performance.

Having KARMA be a desktop module is my latest goal, and I feel that the market has evolved to a point of maturity to where KARMA no longer need be coupled with specific sound programs or banks. But simply unleashing its Humanized Midi Modulation capabilities…There”s almost nothing more fun for me than to apply a GE onto unsuspecting sampled sounds etc… Or using the manual advance functions of a modules to clock sync the KARMA with a vintage synth CV arp clock.

Well… in the immortal words of a certain someone.
“If you read all that you deserve an award”

PEACE

Laurent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: