Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginners Guide - Ways I make the Wavestate Easier to use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korg Wavestate Demo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject: Beginners Guide - Ways I make the Wavestate Easier to use Reply with quote

Prior to getting the Wavestate I watched a TON of Videos, trying to figure things out. Most of the Videos make the Wavestate out to be Really Complicated & yes, if you want to Nerd Out & dive Deep into all the parameters, it can get Really Complicated Quickly! However - I also Learned, it can be Easy to use as well.

-- Here's how to use it 'My' Easy way - Turn it on, Let it do the 30Second Set up, Press the Home/Performance Button, Scroll through the Presets/Performances using the Knob next to the Middle Screen (marked as 'Value'), Pick a Preset you like & Start Experimenting with the Preset you chose using the Keys. Then, start Figuring Out how different Knobs do different things.
--- Most useable Knobs to make Changes to the Sound --- While many knobs do many things, Here's the ones I found Most Useful to me. MOD Wheel, Filter Row of Knobs (Cutoff Knob, Resonance Knob, Env Intensity Knob & Amp Level Knob). Some of the many knobs, were Hard to figure out how to use. The Knobs I listed were Really Easy to Immediately start making Sound Changes with!
--- 4 Layers Of Sound --- I Really Love that this has the Ability to do 4 Layers of Sound at once! Top Row, near the Volume Knob, there is the Layer Buttons A, B, C & D. Each Layer can be Turned On or Off while you're playing, by simply Double Clicking the Button. This is Neat, Esp, if you're Building Up an Intro or want to have Multiple Keyboard Parts in a Song & don't want to change to another Performance/Preset. Many other ways to use it as well. The Joystick (Above the Pitch & MOD Wheels) can go between the different Sound Layers, by going to the different Corners marked A, B, C or D with the Joystick. This is Fun to Experiment with!

There is a lot one can Learn on the Wavestate. Plan on taking your first couple of months to Explore & Find out, what does what. I tried to give an Easier take on using the Wavestate. I know many Walk-Through Videos make it seem Super Complicated/Hard to work with, which it can be, if you want to Figure Out all the Parameters.

Sounds/Music I've worked with using the Wavestate --- Psychedelic Sounds, Different types of Techno/House/Trance/EDM Music, Relaxing/Ambient/Soundscapes, Horror & Cinema Production Music Tracks, Synthesizer Textures (lots of Wild Sounding Presets too) and many more types of Electronic Music. I love that all these Sounds are Built-In & you don't have to connect this to a Computer to download new Performances/Presets.

--- I've posted a few videos on there, showing off how many of the Korg Wavestate Preset Sounds. I've got Many more Korg Wavestate Preset Videos on YouTube.

-- Here's one Example of my Preset Videos --
Epichondriac Split (Horror & Cinema)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGj1ISgk1Xc

Feel free to click on other posting I've added to the Wavestate Forum. The Wavestate is Pretty Cool!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: