Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus SX2 piano voices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz314

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:21 am    Post subject: Nautilus SX2 piano voices Reply with quote

Hello - relative newby here (had Nautilus for just over a year). A couple of questions about piano voices.

First case, when I attempt to call up an Austrian piano (for example Austrian I Hard 2) display says 'samples not loaded'). When I 'load' the samples the screen still says 'samples not loaded'. There is no sound.

Second case, when I call up Ferranti German D I do NOT get the 'samples not loaded display. However there IS NO SOUND. Why would there not be sound when the 'samples not loaded' is not showing on display??

In both of the cases above I get NO SOUND.

I don't have any experience with Kronos or any electronic keyboard for that matter (acoustic piano instead) so this is very confusing to me.

Also, very confusing is the 'file' structure for piano voices: when I call up A000 (Nautilus dry/ambient) there are two piano voices contained in this program. 'Underneath each of these two piano voices is a long list of additional voices (some will produce sound, some won't) allowing a 'mix and match' voice capability. What is the reason for voicing to be setup in this way? Again, darned confusing to me.

Is it the case that these (and perhaps many other) voices were not included in the factory voices package, and, further that they need to be purchased? Are these just 'placeholders' for purchased items?

Thanks! Appreciate your inputs and responses! Cool
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I believe you have to purchase these sounds from the Korg Shop.
Chris
hephiroth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Kronos, not a Nautilus, so I can’t look at that exact patch, but the architecture of the synths is mostly identical. The SGX-2 engine is one of the EXi engines, and you can have a 1 or 2 EXi instances within a single program (and these can either be the same engine or two different engines with their own split/layer settings). You can usually use the on-screen vector joystick (X axis) to isolate or blend the two EXi sounds.

As for the “samples not loaded” messages, there are multiple pianos available from the KORG Shop, but I think the Nautilus comes with the Italian and maybe a newer German (different than the original Kronos German, if I recall correctly). Strangely, due to how the SGX-2 engine works, all possible piano sample sets are listed even if you don’t have them. This is different than how the HD-1 sample playback engine works, and is definitely confusing.
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure the Kronos 2 did not include the Austrian model, it came with the Japanese, German and BerlinD (as if Berlin was not in Germany, go figure). Italian piano was included in the latest Kronos editions.

I understand the Nautilus is the same. Some engines are simply not there but you can purchase them from the Korg Shop.

But you can edit the patch and change the engine to one that is already included on your Nautilus, and see if you like the results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: