Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodbye Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject: Goodbye Korg Reply with quote

Korg had the best arrangers and reputation on the planet. That`s why I purchased all three of them. Love them more each day, no regrets at all. The 4X in a class of its own and second entry arrangers 1000 and 700 beat all the competition.

Now korg have the worst reputation via 5X and look like going under. But they could have remained number 1 for several years to come simply by promoting 4X a little and basic updates to 1000 and 700. That would have left Korg completely in charge.

In the meantime they would have had loads of time to give us the future best arranger on the planet. Time for research and proper testing whilst still making profits from their three Pa flagships.

So what happened ? We will never know because Korg don`t talk to us. They visit this site and will have seen over the last year or two the negative, nasty, call them what you will posts here, demanding a new keyboard. The posts here were relentless, slamming and pressurising Korg when we already had good arrangers. In hindsight we should have been happy with what we have plus minor updates as requested.

Korg at this moment could have been ruling the waves but now they are finished because of their decisions. Yamaha and others are waiting in the wings to take over for good.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sold my pa1000 because i had problems with loading sets from pa4, and that was main reason i bought it, possibility do load newer sets from pa4 model..... but after pa4 did upgrade to next os, that wasnt possible anymore, so i had keyboard that is not functional, and also loading older sets was nightmare, you had to do it piece b pice....
No i dont want to buy korgpa manager because of principes, from 3rd party company, Korg must have such a program and give it to customers....

so pa1000 was sold, i only have now korg pa3x.... and seriously thinking of new ketron.... a little more money than pa5 but at least i get what i pay....

when i buy korg and new models i feel like i buy mew car without wheels or brakes....
NEXO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG arrangers should take a lesson, because there is great news for YAMAHA TYROS 4 owners!!
I am also part of this key.
YAMAHA Denmark, after an agreement with YAMAHA Japan, is going to create a website for downloading packages for YAMAHA TYROS 4, which have been unavailable until now. This is called support for flagships after so many years. It will be created at the request of the owners of this tool.
My second keyboard is a KORG PA-700 and I love it.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Korg Pa700 and Tyros4 as part of my setup, yes the Pa700 is great but you pretty much have to do all the groundwork yourself. Having owned the Pa700 since launch a lot of time has been spent tweaking and editing styles and sounds, building libraries of Keyboard sets. Apart from the Bonusware styles there are very limited resources.
sonex26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg won't cry Very Happy
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Cry but bleeding Laughing

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: