Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - PA5x OS1.1.0 (Locked)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no master track in Style editor and tempo changes in a style have been discontinued ...
Tempo changes in master track of a Pa4X Style are translated as TempoScaling% in drums track but not listed at menu options between Note,
RX noise , control , Pitch Bend and After Touch ... so developers if you don't intent to bring back Master Track at least add existing TempoScaling% option in menu of midi events.

The most important advantage of PaSeries , the independent time signature per style element in Style editor is discontinued in Pa5X ,
so if you create the first element Var/Fill at 4/4 , then time signature is locked at 4/4 for all other Style elements !
The greater ever nonsense in PaSeries and serious downgrade , congrats KorgPa programmers !
I hope to be just only a programming bug ...

The ridiculous behavior of Pa5X Style editor in END 1
I created a new style and as first created END 1 , transposition table was changed from "no transpose" to "fifths" as in Vars by default and recorded at default C major.
The result is weird , chord recognition does not respond except from tone root and always plays Major no matter of what chord you play with your left hand.
I tried all other transposition tables with no result , KorgPa developers or anyone can replicate this also by downloading my created END 1 Style from HERE.

END 1 is the important ending for thousand of custom styles of Pro users and developers and cannot be translated or corrected in Pa5X
by any mean or editing ... It's a shame !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
The most important advantage of PaSeries , the independent time signature per style element in Style editor is discontinued in Pa5X ,
so if you create the first element Var/Fill at 4/4 , then time signature is locked at 4/4 for all other Style elements ! ...

That would be a terrible thing indeed! I used to do multi-TS Styles all the time.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you do a 'copy from' style element of a different TS (say V2 from a different style) to the current style? Even that doesn't work?

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious Sam , it will fill up to 4/4 and the rest measures will be omitted or if less like 3/4 then 1/4 will be blank ... full disaster !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
shi266

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:51 am    Post subject: more bugs Reply with quote

when I reset tap on intro 1 the jump to var 2 and not stay on intro 1 like pa4x

when need to copy sound from differt set ,the apper is blank and when I want to see where the place of the sound its not move to the specify bank and page
thanks

Last edited by shi266 on Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
AntonySharmman wrote:
so if you create the first element Var/Fill at 4/4 , then time signature is locked at 4/4 for all other Style elements ! ...

That would be a terrible thing indeed! I used to do multi-TS Styles all the time.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you do a 'copy from' style element of a different TS (say V2 from a different style) to the current style? Even that doesn't work?

Hi Sam,
I tried doing that as a test. Copied. 3/4 variation into into a 4/4 style.
Did appear to work (sort of) Doesn’t appear to have copied all the settings across correctly. Variation has a guitar mode track. The copied 3/4 track was a guitar mode track, it was not set correctly. Could be other problems as well, but it did play as a 3/4.
Tried a bit of a work around. If needing to have different time signatures in a style, copy a variation from a a style with the required time signature ( just say 3/4) then delete all the tracks, then record the new tracks . Has to be done as “All” for the variation or time signature doesn’t appear to change if only an individual track is copied.
Not ideal by any means, hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.
Korg has a long way to go to get the style editing / creation functions right.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

Please delete my post (this post).

Rikki moved it to another thread.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sam CA on Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam, I moved my answer to as I don’t think we’re supposed to chit , chat on this thread, so just in case

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=128337

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam, bad news, spent a lot more time on it today, variations appeared to be working perfectly, then changed the fill to 3/4, that’s when I first noticed the glitch. The first beat of the bar, had started to play on the second beat. Not sure if the fill caused the problem, have to do more checking tomorrow.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
shi266

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:41 am    Post subject: more 2 bugs Reply with quote

1. if I connect pedal volume it's cancel the ribbon control.

2. when I import set pa4 sometime the convert no import the A master effect of style and mack the effect off
thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem since PA1x and still on PA5x:-
When playing a style using the ensemble feature:-
If you change chord and simultaneously play a different right-hand note (ensemble on) the harmony notes often drop out.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
NICKY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GXG wrote:
Recent owner of a Korg Pa5X, previous owner of Korg PA3X. Big issue with Songbook. I play keyboard and vocal at the same time and utilize my Ipad via Unrealbook app to trigger Songbook. In Korg Pa5X, Songbook doesn't change instruments on accompaniament tracks when changing variation, that means at this point Songbook isn't usable, in other words, I can't do my job with Pa5x at this moment (Os 1.1.0). If you want to try replicate this bug, Enter Songbook, choose Oryantal style, play Variation 1, and then go manually on the screen and reselect the Style from it's path. You'll see what I mean. Very dissapointed, thinking about returnig back the unit to the seller.

i have same problem
when I choose one of entry from songbook the parameter of style will change and you have to reselect the Style from it's path Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
petr14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedal control of Accelerando and Riterando is unreliable. When the pedal is pressed briefly, the change is sometimes made by one step, sometimes the automatic increase of the value is started. When the value changes by itself, the next press sometimes stops it and sometimes it doesn't.

When you press the pedal for a long time, it sometimes changes by one step, sometimes it changes only for the time the pedal is pressed, and sometimes even after it is released. So it cannot be used.

I tried 4 pedals that I calibrated. One Korg DS-1H, one Kuzweil KP1 and one Studiologic VFP2 dual pedal that has two separate connectors.

Other functions, such as Player start/stop, KST Up/Down work reliably.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
ikspeel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vocal harmonizer
When I use it with midifiles there is no option for the vocal harmonizer to follow a Midi with chords (xf) the chords are in the score cant be follow
You can select a track with chords but even with Empty bars it hold the last chord on the track so in that case I must record a track with all chords but

I cant edit song
I cant REC a track in the midifile 🙀🙀🙀
GXG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fixed No Transpose option from Style Edit doesn't work as intended in User Manual. It ruined a lot of my custum styles.
Some User Styles fail to play, even if the Play Style button light is On. I solved this by copying the whole style - Copy all - to a New Style. In this manner you can also fix some of the faulty Intro 1, Ending 1. But while you fix an error, you loose from the Style the following: Master FX, Finalizer settings, Keyboad Sets and Pads. So, not a solution.
When I load a User tone, sometimes the keyboard loads that tone 2 or 3 times, owerwritting existing tones. Imagine the picture of disaster.
Songbook, a crucial part of the keyboard, doesn't work. It will play only the tones found in the first existing Style element (Intro1 usually). The same happens with Expression values.
When you exit Style Record, the Split button is disabled and sometimes even if the Lower button lights, it doesn't work, I have to deactivate and reactivate Lower button in order to function. The same when I exit Pad Edit mode.
In Style Record, you cannot change the Mode (Drum, Poly) of existing styles. Even if it shows that you can change the setting, it behaves like it was set before.
The Keyboard crashed (shutdown) several times on Copy\Paste command.
In Sampling Mode, when I want to exit from the upper right menu, sometimes it exit, sometimes not.
Settings-General controls-Interface-Matrix Backlit off, it doesn't work.
When I try to save custom styles, often it doesn't save the Style ekement that I want, sometimes appears a message "Memory protect", user styles, I repeat.
Some Keyboard Sets, when I set an octave, save, and then press Octave +- at the same time (octave reset), it transpose the Keyboard set by an octave.
Some user styles don't save the use pads that I want.
Work in progress, with a lot o fear, dissapointment and nerves...I pray for you to be saved from my encountered errors! Don't remember all of them

Evil or Very Mad
goranbeograd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

⁃ the sound that is fixed in the sound cannot be transposed by an octave
⁃ Terca by oscilator is not working
⁃ Guitar mode on ending 1 is not working
▫️ For musicians that use lower such as strings, almost 100% of us do, you cannot turn of the pitch bender for the lower. It will bend with your sound on uppers. This function does not work.

▫️ Songbook entry will not start on intro if your intro is selected to begin with. It will play the selected variation for a measure THEN go to intro as you saved it. Also you cannot select the songbook entry to the other player. Meaning if you’re on player 1, you may not select your songbook entry for player 2 and have it ready.

————————————————————————
ADMIN:- PLEASE split this into WISH-LIST and BUGS and re-post in the appropriate sticky topics ASAP
- thank you

🔻 Estimated converting time from .SET to .KST: 2 hours (500Mb set)

🔻 Loading same set on keyboard: 20-25 min

🔻 Pads of screen should not act as a play button. When clicking on a pad on the screen, it should open the menu for you to select another pad like on every previous model.

🔻 Fill-in button after half of measure with your style on will play only your drums from the fill-in while the variation drums and accompaniments play altogether.

🔻 Home Screen needs mixer at all times. For live performers, we need levels of our drums, bass, accompaniments, lower and uppers on the screen the whole time. We don’t have the time to look and switch pages for this.

🔻 If your style is on and you turn on a pad, if the pad is more than two measures long, it will only start on the second measure. Regardless of when you click the pad.

🔻 When selecting a different pad, after clicking 4 buttons and pages to get there, it takes you to factory pads and not where the original pad is on your user. When you do select another pad, the volume automatically goes to 100 and the FX send automatically goes to 40.

🔻 Selecting a style is not fast enough. After you click on a new style while playing, it will blink a few times before it selects it. Most of the time, this is way over a measure and a half of the current style playing. This is not ideal for live performers.

🔻 There is no way for you to select the second style and have it in sync with the first one even with tempo lock on. It’s humanly impossible. Your tempo will match but you cannot physically hit the second style perfectly on beat with your first one.

🔻 If your pads are on while your style is playing, as soon as you select a new style, your pads turn off instantly. Way before the new style even comes on.

🔻 Intro 1 is not supposed to play your lowers when selected. Your lowers should work for intro 2 but not for intro 1. There’s a reason for that. Some peoples intro 1 plays a melody or plays different chords.

🔻 We should have a preference of not having the lists of styles, sounds and pads be in alphabetical order. People had these organized on the 4x into separate folders and pages.

🔻 If you are used to having a certain sound or drum kit you like on (user 1, page 3), you know it’s there 100% and you learn it that way. Not anymore, because everything is alphabetical order, things will move every time you add a new sound, pad, style, song, drumkit, etc. complete disaster if you know where your things are.

🔻 Acc. 3 freezes on the first chord you hit instead of chords you are playing. Same goes with some bass on styles. I’m playing a different chord progression, acc. 3 is stuck on the first chord without changing.

🔻 Some styles I made have drums or percussion that is detuned using my pitch bender. It will not play the correct detune until the second measure of the style.

🔻 If you are using quarter scale, this is not the keyboard for you. It will switch on and off at random. It’s almost like every few seconds it will play your quarter tone and then go back to equal scale. Non stop.

🔻 When making a new style, the menus for quantize, delete, velocity, cut and others are missing.

🔻 The bass should not be the first in order. Every keyboard since day 1 has it as follows….drums-percs-bass-acc1-acc2-acc3-acc4-acc5.

🔻 We need an option to customize your own keyboard. There are photos for every sound and drumkit next to it. You cannot select the photo you want when saving a new sound or style.

🔻 Website says we have 4GB and 8GB compressed but the keyboard shows we have 2.5GB. Not even close to what Korg is advertising on their website. If you think your going to have 4GB of space when buying this keyboard, you’re going to be extremely upset to find out you have only 2.5GB of space.

🔻 There should be an option on the main Home Screen from the drop menu to show only one style instead of two. Not everyone will be using two styles since they can’t even sync them perfectly anyways. It would be nice if you hold shift and play on the style for it to sync with tempo and for it to start perfectly with the current style playing.

🔻 When playing a pad that is a loop, a slice from the loops starts when you press
Послали сте
Pa5x Bugs:
⁃ Record mode (Style) - The number of bars cannot be changed (CV lenght) u record modu
⁃ Record mode (Style) - : Quantize, Volume, Cut dosent exist
⁃ Record mode (Style) - Cue Mode kocked ,not change
⁃ Songbook does not work properly: when saving a style in a songbook, that style works with the same elements (sound) on all variations
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: