Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True or false
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:49 pm    Post subject: True or false Reply with quote

Hi there , hope you are all doing well.
After having the pa5 x for
More
Than half year now, we got at least the Os 1.1,
So what do we miss is not even there,
When I bought it, Korg, and the store promised to us that, with the update it will
Be there and we will have all what we have been promised for , or need!
For
Me
, it’s important that the keyboard is trustworthy and not having freeze on the gigs,
But I’m
Also independent on midi to
Style, slice loop creating, 100% of deep sound editing, etc.
There is to many things that we miss.
And I have read that all this will be on the update 2023 end.
If so, this is really bad for many of us, simply because of the fact that we are dependent of the functionality of the kb.
So what’s in Korg’s mind?
Did we payed lots of money, for waiting on
A working os, ?
We are far away from a ready product. We all know that , but waiting another year for The kb to be ready as they told us, efore we even buy it
That’s just not Ok.

There is so
Many great this I
Miss from
My PA4X on the 5X,
Slice loop creating, Kaospad, and much more.
Why remove all,?
The kb can’t even load sounds and style
Without problems.
Sad situation

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: True or false Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Hi there , hope you are all doing well.
After having the pa5 x for
More
Than half year now, we got at least the Os 1.1,
So what do we miss is not even there,
When I bought it, Korg, and the store promised to us that, with the update it will
Be there and we will have all what we have been promised for , or need!
For
Me
, it’s important that the keyboard is trustworthy and not having freeze on the gigs,
But I’m
Also independent on midi to
Style, slice loop creating, 100% of deep sound editing, etc.
There is to many things that we miss.
And I have read that all this will be on the update 2023 end.
If so, this is really bad for many of us, simply because of the fact that we are dependent of the functionality of the kb.
So what’s in Korg’s mind?
Did we payed lots of money, for waiting on
A working os, ?
We are far away from a ready product. We all know that , but waiting another year for The kb to be ready as they told us, efore we even buy it
That’s just not Ok.

There is so
Many great this I
Miss from
My PA4X on the 5X,
Slice loop creating, Kaospad, and much more.
Why remove all,?
The kb can’t even load sounds and style
Without problems.
Sad situation

In order to sell a product, a company must establish a relationship with the consumer. It must build trust and rapport. It must understand the customer's needs, and it must provide a product that delivers...

The Dynamics inside Korg are clearly complex, it is likely there are financial pressures coming from finance directors on a development team who (again) clearly don't have the time or the capacity to finish what they need to do, the rest is history as they say...

And I am sure Yamaha will be paying special attention to the premature birth of PA5X.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg are using the money they defrauded from you 6 months ago to attempt to complete the half finished product you bought and every other customer that bought this product .

The problem is that this is bad economics for korg and very very bad business generally for its current and future customers .

So when the money they defrauded from you runs out , and it will , what income are they going to use to actually fully complete and quality check the finished product if or when that is ever completed ?

I guarantee you that if korg would let you see their sales charts for the pa5x it will show a steep cliff type decline . That decline is their loss of income .

None of this bodes well for the development of the pa5x in 2023 as promised .

Let’s face it , Korg broke the most basic promise to its customers already . Why would anyone have confidence in them keeping any promises into 2023 ?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Korg are using the money they defrauded from you 6 months ago to attempt to complete the half finished product you bought and every other customer that bought this product .

The problem is that this is bad economics for korg and very very bad business generally for its current and future customers .

So when the money they defrauded from you runs out , and it will , what income are they going to use to actually fully complete and quality check the finished product if or when that is ever completed ?

I guarantee you that if korg would let you see their sales charts for the pa5x it will show a steep cliff type decline . That decline is their loss of income .

None of this bodes well for the development of the pa5x in 2023 as promised .

Let’s face it , Korg broke the most basic promise to its customers already . Why would anyone have confidence in them keeping any promises into 2023 ?

I agree.. Korg have lost my Trust unfortunately for them.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really love to move forward to the next Korg arranger but logic and risk assessment prevents me - let alone fear of losing (or indeed, wasting) money.

Now this is MY situation as it seems several are quite satisfied with the new arranger.
I've owned the i3,PA1xpro,PA2xpro,PA3x and currently PA4x. I have never experienced the doubt and concern that I have for this new model.

I have to sell my PA4x and pay an additional $4,000 cash in order to own the PA5x.
In the state it is in right now, I simply could not use it. I am seriously considering a second PA4x.

If Yamaha (and who knows, even Roland, Casio???) are sitting back watching this unfold, they may grab an opportunity to hit the market.
Right now IMHO, Korg monopolises the arranger world with its PA4x, 700,1000 being so well and professionally designed.

If Korg has any sense, it will communicate with its customers and not just answer vague FAQs disclaiming every answer with "....subject to change without notice....".
I am not buying until it is a fully completed keyboard - who knows when that might be.
This has forced me to consider alternative forward moves with regard to future gear.

Sorry Korg, I HAVE been super supportive and loyal due to your outstanding products but something has seriously gone wrong on the inside and I know this is NOT within the Italy team!!

I remain disappointed.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
petr14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different customers. I bought the Pa5X in early December. I knew the condition it was in and decided it was worth it. If I had a Pa4X, I'd probably change my mind, but I have a Pa600. For me, this is a step forward. Tomorrow it will be premiered at a public performance. Pa5X has yet to let me down while playing with the new OS. It only restarted once when I was saving an audio edit.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:
There are different customers. I bought the Pa5X in early December. I knew the condition it was in and decided it was worth it. If I had a Pa4X, I'd probably change my mind,

Hi, basically same scenario for me, knew it had problems, but in my case I no longer owned a Korg, buying another Pa4x, no, I sold mine 3 years ago why would I spend nearly double of what I got back then. Second hand, not an option, too much hassle to get something fixed if it failed. Had to throw my pa800 out when it failed, cost of shipping to get it looked at for possible repairs, was just toooo! expensive. So.

Maybe I’m imagining it, but, I vaguely remember people complaining about how the Korg Pax range was old technology , they should update operating system etc etc.
It appears they have tried?? now everyone’s complaining that they haven’t got it perfect first up.
Seems like a no win, situation for them.
Other arranger keyboard manufacturers may well look on and think not worth the hassle. Roland obviously did when they dropped their top of the line arranger series. Yamaha are sure taking their time replacing the Genos. Casio as far as I’m aware has never had a top end arranger, Ketron has never taken off in Australia.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
petr14 wrote:
There are different customers. I bought the Pa5X in early December. I knew the condition it was in and decided it was worth it. If I had a Pa4X, I'd probably change my mind,

Hi, basically same scenario for me, knew it had problems, but in my case I no longer owned a Korg, buying another Pa4x, no, I sold mine 3 years ago why would I spend nearly double of what I got back then. Second hand, not an option, too much hassle to get something fixed if it failed. Had to throw my pa800 out when it failed, cost of shipping to get it looked at for possible repairs, was just toooo! expensive. So.

Maybe I’m imagining it, but, I vaguely remember people complaining about how the Korg Pax range was old technology , they should update operating system etc etc.
It appears they have tried?? now everyone’s complaining that they haven’t got it perfect first up.
Other arranger keyboard manufacturers may well look on and think not worth the hassle. Roland obviously did when they dropped their top of the line arranger series. Yamaha are sure taking their time replacing the Genos. Casio as far as I’m aware has never had a top end arranger, Ketron has never taken off in Australia.

In order to escape accountability for his/her Cognitive Dissonance the perpetrator does everything in his/her power to promote forgetting. If denial fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of those who see events without Rose Tinted Glasses. If he/she cannot silence a inconvenient truth absolutely, he/she tries to make sure no one listens...

The human mind isn't a terribly logical or consistent place. Most people, given the choice to face a hideous or terrifying truth or to conveniently avoid it, choose the convenience and peace of normality. That doesn't make them strong or weak people, or good or bad people only that the truth has become an insult where Perhaps other notice how the denial is so often the preface to the justification...

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of the truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to help him organize it."
GXG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena, you are absolutey 100% right! If I payed 4500 euro on something I can't use I think I could participate to a crowdfunding in order to design a new arranger, because it seems we know what we want and we don't get it from anywhere.
petr14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
petr14 wrote:

In order to escape accountability for his/her Cognitive Dissonance the perpetrator does everything in his/her power to promote forgetting. If denial fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of those who see events without Rose Tinted Glasses. If he/she cannot silence a inconvenient truth absolutely, he/she tries to make sure no one listens...

The human mind isn't a terribly logical or consistent place. Most people, given the choice to face a hideous or terrifying truth or to conveniently avoid it, choose the convenience and peace of normality. That doesn't make them strong or weak people, or good or bad people only that the truth has become an insult where Perhaps other notice how the denial is so often the preface to the justification...

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of the truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to help him organize it."

I am not a perpetrator.

What you write could apply if I was cheated. It does not apply in my case, when I bought the device knowing its condition.

The Pa5X doesn't do some things well, or doesn't have them yet, but it also does a lot of things well. And it's worth it to me even though I know I'll have to wait for some features.

I understand the disappointment of some people who bought without deliberation and are disappointed. But I want to say that there are also people (and I am one of them) who bought the Pa5X thoughtfully even in this condition and are not disappointed because they knew what they were getting.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:
D575 wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
petr14 wrote:

I am not a perpetrator.

What you write could apply if I was cheated. It does not apply in my case, when I bought the device knowing its condition.

The Pa5X doesn't do some things well, or doesn't have them yet, but it also does a lot of things well. And it's worth it to me even though I know I'll have to wait for some features.

I understand the disappointment of some people who bought without deliberation and are disappointed. But I want to say that there are also people (and I am one of them) who bought the Pa5X thoughtfully even in this condition and are not disappointed because they knew what they were getting.

And again...

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
(((Carl Sagan)))

Dealing with this particular thin slice of the human reality/experience specifically Korg and their PA5X (I won't include their Chequered past here) then the Bamboozle is over, of which their will be a unfortunate 2nd chapter, which is not of my making (not allowed to talk about here)...

For those who come from the simple side of using PA5X and are making the best of what time is left on this rock in a vacuum hurtling through space, then the bamboozle I am sure is just fine for them and who would argue with that....

BUT for many this Bamboozle will now come to a sharp sobering stop.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to stop arguing with each other .

Let’s get it straight. Korg is responsible for this mess . Those that either knowingly or unknowingly got scammed by korg but remain content to be scammed don’t have a reason to be upset . You have deep pockets and what you do with your money is your business and your business alone .

But if you understand and are upset that you have been scammed ( and you have every right to be ) , then organise yourselves and go after the company that scammed you .

This product is not fit for purpose . Therefore you all have consumer rights in the countries you are from . Exercise those rights or accept you’ve been scammed and move on .
petr14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
petr14 wrote:
D575 wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
petr14 wrote:

I am not a perpetrator.

And again...

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
(((Carl Sagan)))

Dealing with this particular thin slice of the human reality/experience specifically Korg and their PA5X (I won't include their Chequered past here) then the Bamboozle is over, of which their will be a unfortunate 2nd chapter, which is not of my making (not allowed to talk about here)...

For those who come from the simple side of using PA5X and are making the best of what time is left on this rock in a vacuum hurtling through space, then the bamboozle I am sure is just fine for them and who would argue with that....

You overlooked the fact that I have had the Pa5X for about two weeks and bought it knowing full well its condition. There can be no talk of any long bamboozled.

You attempt superficial psychological assessment and emotional manipulation, but you have no deeper understanding and cannot cope with a different point of view.

As a result, your approach is the same as the one you criticize, I quote: perpetrator attacks the credibility of those who see events without Rose Tinted Glasses. If he/she cannot silence an inconvenient truth absolutely, he/she tries to make sure no one listens...

Except your glasses aren't pink, they're black.
petr14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
We need to stop arguing with each other .

Let’s get it straight. Korg is responsible for this mess . Those that either knowingly or unknowingly got scammed by korg but remain content to be scammed don’t have a reason to be upset . You have deep pockets and what you do with your money is your business and your business alone .

But if you understand and are upset that you have been scammed ( and you have every right to be ) , then organise yourselves and go after the company that scammed you .

This product is not fit for purpose . Therefore you all have consumer rights in the countries you are from . Exercise those rights or accept you’ve been scammed and move on .

I would agree with that, except for one thing. How was I scammed? Let everyone speak for themselves, I was not scammed.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:
D575 wrote:
petr14 wrote:
D575 wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
petr14 wrote:

I am not a perpetrator.

And again...

(((Carl Sagan)))

You overlooked the fact that I have had the Pa5X for about two weeks and bought it knowing full well its condition. There can be no talk of any long bamboozled.

You attempt superficial psychological assessment and emotional manipulation, but you have no deeper understanding and cannot cope with a different point of view.

As a result, your approach is the same as the one you criticize, I quote: perpetrator attacks the credibility of those who see events without Rose Tinted Glasses. If he/she cannot silence an inconvenient truth absolutely, he/she tries to make sure no one listens...

Except your glasses aren't pink, they're black.

And of course I am not going to agree with your assessment of me, but I also do accept you have a point of view.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: