Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Understand Kronos and Expansion Packs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drvenom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Help Understand Kronos and Expansion Packs. Reply with quote

I just purchased a used Kronos X 88 that has two installed expansions, namely EXs11 legendary strings and Exs 12 Austrian Piano. Unfortunately the guy who sold me the keyboard said he had reinstalled everything to factory settings using his Kronos 2, so a lot of the programs installed are in demo mode; the sound on certain patches like the Berlin piano lose volume every few seconds.

Given that there is currently a Black Friday sale I was thinking of buying the Kronos Sound Pack 3.0 to get the Kronos X to the Kronos 2 equivalent. I also wanted to buy the EXs 21 Italian Grand.

My concerns are

1. Will there be enough space on the Kronos X to have Kronos Sound Pack 3.0, the Austrian piano, Legendary Strings, and the Italian Piano loaded at the same time?

2. I just got this keyboard so I know nothing about it really. When I install the Kronos Sound Pack 3.0 is that like an OS update and will it delete the legendary strings and Austrian grand extensions?

3. Is there a way for me to back up the installed extensions, to extract them from the Kronos with a usb drive or the like? The Kronos came with them installed, but I didn't buy them so I don't think I can redownload them from the Kronos site if I ever lost them. Or are you able to download previously purchased extensions just with the serial number of your Kronos?

Sorry for all the questions. I know I should probably learn more about the keyboard before spending more money on it, but I want to take advantage of these temporary sales so that I don't have to wait around until next black friday to take advantage of them. I'm guessing that's when they have these sales.
NEWJEM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Unless you got an answer to your question,
perhaps you could try
https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us
Create an account and ask your questions.
I had a question for purchasing an extension and they answered me quickly.
Hope that helps
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be sufficient space on the Kronos SSD to accommodate all of those expansion libraries, provided the previous owner hasn't left a whole bunch of audio files or their own samples behind. These can be removed using Disk mode. The Sound Pack 3.0 comes as part of the New Kronos Sound Pack and is not an OS update, nor will it delete any of the existing Expansions. OS updates would be installed separately. Make sure, when downloading Kronos Expansions, that the download version specifically intended for the Kronos X is selected.

There is no need to back up the installed extensions and, indeed, this is not recommended, since it would not be possible to reconstruct the installation package without a good deal of work. The installation files can be downloaded from the Korg website, and stored somewhere (e.g. PC HDD or USB drive) as a backup. These can be downloaded multiple times, if necessary.

Authorisation of installed Expansion libraries is done from your Korg account, and is based on the Kronos' Public ID (displayed on the Global / Options Info screen). It will all become a lot clearer once the account is set up. The Options Info screen shows the installed Expansions, and their status (Demo or Authorised).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: