Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa3x sound problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:27 am    Post subject: Korg pa3x sound problem Reply with quote

Hi all , my 1st comment/question on this forum. I bought a used pa3x a couple of months ago in supposedly `perfect` working condition. It functions and plays well for anywhere from 1 min to 1 hour then the sound goes crunchy on styles and full keyboard. I have taken apart and cleaned and checked connections , also replaced the KIP 2172 soundboard (by the assignable DNC buttons) which helped some but it randomly still happens. Has anyone had this happen and what did you do to fix? Bringing it back and asking for money back will only result in small claims court so don`t suggest that please. TC Helicon harmonies still work during this.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you've gone through a full process of elimination like external cables and sound gear, getting same problem from headphones, OS restore etc...??

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Tamsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:05 am    Post subject: Korg pa3x sound problem Reply with quote

Hi , thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried and checked numerous things . It does the same thing thru headphones or external amp/speakers. I tried factory reset twice , boards and connections look good but who knows. I have the 1.63 OS and 256 memory was installed by previous owner. I haven`t tried reinstalling the OS like a overworked tech suggested since i`m not sure how. I was able to locate and order a new battery pack but it hasn`t arrived yet.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you record an audio clip or a video and post it here?
Does it sound like this one? :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUr9XGcedg

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Tamsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: Korg pa3x sound problem Reply with quote

Hi , thanks for your reply, It is more pronounced than that in the video. It goes from working normally to sounding like a cat being thrown thru a window on all style and keyboards sounds. It isn`t about after touch (ie how hard I touch or play) just from normal to unplayable. I will try to catch it on video and post .
Tamsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Korg pa3x sound problem Reply with quote

Thanks, I ordered a battery pack partly because the sites were saying it`s been discontinued and partly because the sound is normal when I start playing and goes wonky when it warms up. I saw that the battery pack has a temperature wire so stabbing in the dark here. Maybe straight out removal of batteries is the way to go. Does one have to leave the board plugged in if they do that? I tried pushing the shift and style start button simultaneously which actually cleared up the sound somewhat when its working..
Tamsing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:46 pm    Post subject: Korg pa3x sound problem Reply with quote

Update: I removed battery pack completely and haven`t had a re-occurance in 1.5 hrs of playing. Maybe temp sensor malfunction?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I doubt it is the battery.The sensor is there just for protecting the battery from catching on fire while charging...
Did you listen to the entire video?
When i start playing the style later in the video, the drums (and the rest but drums are way too noticeable) are distorted with digital distortion.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Tamsing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:24 am    Post subject: Korg pa3x sound problem Reply with quote

Watched it , sound problem is similar but not as severe . What was your solution?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a cpu board issue (DSP section).
3x has only 1 board.
It ll surely need to be looked by an experienced technician in motherboard repairs if the sound is digitally distorted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: