Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Outputs vs Stereo Sound Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlavio829

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Multiple Outputs vs Stereo Sound Problem Reply with quote

Hello,
I recently got my PA5X a week ago and I have to say, while it seems to get a lot of bad PR in the forums, I'm really loving it so far. I find it to be a huge leap over the PA4X and compared to my previous Genos keyboard, Korg has really upped their game.

With that said, I've noticed something strange with the assignment to multiple outputs.
Essentially I'm trying to setup a recording by having parts of the arranger on different tracks.

My setup is like this:
Keys - L & R output
Drums - Output 1
Percussion - Output 2
Bass - Output 3
Accompaniment - Output 4

All volumes are set to 0db on my Behringer Mixer.

In theory this should work fine but I've noticed the style sounds lackluster when in a multiple output setup. It also seems as if the volumes are completely different in a multiple output setup. (even though my behringer is set to 0db for all channels)

If i change my setup to Stereo just using the L&R outputs, its sounds fine.
I thought maybe this has to do with the MaxxAudio only working on the L&R outputs and not the additional outs.
However, If I change the style to a different one and go back, sometimes the multiple outputs sound just as good as the Stereo one - including the volume!

I was able to confirm this by setting up Arranger 1 with the Multiple Outputs and Arranger 2 with the Stereo/L&R output. Same style, identical output. But sometimes the multiple output is just not the same volume.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Bescki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that outputs 1,2,3,4 are dry, without effects.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:
I think that outputs 1,2,3,4 are dry, without effects.

Yes...information on p.552 AudioOutputs in the latest edition of the manual.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiple Outputs vs Stereo Sound Problem Reply with quote

mlavio829 wrote:
Hello,
I recently got my PA5X a week ago and I have to say, while it seems to get a lot of bad PR in the forums, I'm really loving it so far.

From your perspective that you are "really loving it so far" which is importantly "Good News" for you...

But.. regarding your opening paragraph "while it seems to get a lot of bad PR in this forum".. then this may suggest to the readers of your thread you might not fully comprehended the legitimate concerns and complaints coming from PA5X uses Globally at this time...

My suggestion to help you with what appears from your statement to be a certain amount of confusion on your part, too do a deeper dive with your own PA5X following all these complaints and observations on this forum and then follow methodically the methods of these reported issues so you can then intrun experience for yourself why we have "lots of bad PR in this forum" which should hopefully clear up any confusion on your part from your opening statement Smile
mlavio829

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple Outputs vs Stereo Sound Problem Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
mlavio829 wrote:
Hello,
I recently got my PA5X a week ago and I have to say, while it seems to get a lot of bad PR in the forums, I'm really loving it so far.

From your perspective that you are "really loving it so far" which is importantly "Good News" for you...

But.. regarding your opening paragraph "while it seems to get a lot of bad PR in this forum".. then this may suggest to the readers of your thread you might not fully comprehended the legitimate concerns and complaints coming from PA5X uses Globally at this time...

My suggestion to help you with what appears from your statement to be a certain amount of confusion on your part, too do a deeper dive with your own PA5X following all these complaints and observations on this forum and then follow methodically the methods of these reported issues so you can then intrun experience for yourself why we have "lots of bad PR in this forum" which should hopefully clear up any confusion on your part from your opening statement Smile

Nope, there is no confusion on my end.
I have been following the PA5X forums since I placed my order back in July. I note that there have been a lot of posts regarding problems with the unit. Most of the posts are very justified especially given how expensive the keyboard is.

Now maybe for you some things didn't work and it has created a negative experience for you. So far in the few weeks that I have had it, I have not had it crash or freeze, I have had no issues importing a few soundfonts and I was able to successfully import my previous PA4X styles (although I will say it took a long time)

Now with regards to my post, I think it is more of a bug that is occurring. I know the additional outputs don't use effects but it doesn't make sense that at times the multiple/additional outputs have the same volume as the stereo version most times but not always. And why does switching styles occasionally reproduce that? This sounds buggy.

Does the keyboard have faults?...Yes.
Are there some legit concerns on this forum?...Yes.
Am I thrilled that it is very much a beta operating system right now...No.
Is working in live performances for me? Yes.

I'm not totally sure what was wrong with trying to make a positive statement that would make it sound like there was any confusion on my end.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple Outputs vs Stereo Sound Problem Reply with quote

mlavio829 wrote:
D575 wrote:
mlavio829 wrote:
Hello,

Nope, there is no confusion on my end.
I have been following the PA5X forums since I placed my order back in July. I note that there have been a lot of posts regarding problems with the unit. Most of the posts are very justified especially given how expensive the keyboard is.

Now maybe for you some things didn't work and it has created a negative experience for you. So far in the few weeks that I have had it, I have not had it crash or freeze, I have had no issues importing a few soundfonts and I was able to successfully import my previous PA4X styles (although I will say it took a long time)

Now with regards to my post, I think it is more of a bug that is occurring. I know the additional outputs don't use effects but it doesn't make sense that at times the multiple/additional outputs have the same volume as the stereo version most times but not always. And why does switching styles occasionally reproduce that? This sounds buggy.

Does the keyboard have faults?...Yes.
Are there some legit concerns on this forum?...Yes.
Am I thrilled that it is very much a beta operating system right now...No.
Is working in live performances for me? Yes.

I'm not totally sure what was wrong with trying to make a positive statement that would make it sound like there was any confusion on my end.

With the greatest of respect... Unfortunately I see a touch of the Stockholm Syndrome in your words and although I have been fair as I can be considered the case of PA5X, a large part of the Korg PA Community are up in arms for good reason, which you seam to have acknowledged in part...

But... many would now agree (I am sure) that any "Positivity" should really be coming from the Korg Corporation by Building Back Bridges to there customers (many returning) and the start of that will be measured after their first major update in December.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: