Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EK-50 with computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grahamid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: EK-50 with computer Reply with quote

Since making a post about using user-songs, I've been thinking further.......

So far I have used the USB stick facility to take user-songs to a computer to edit and tweak the midi-recording, and bring them back to the EK-50 in an amended form.
This works perfectly well, but is a bit cumbersome.

I'd be very interested to hear from any members who link their EK-50 directly to a computer, about their practice in this.

As I understand it, it is possible to link using the Korg USB midi driver, and then software of some sort. But also to link more directly using the Kenton equipment, which supports (outward) the EK-50 as a midi-controller, at least so far as transmission of the midi note-stream is concerned, and (inward) the EK-50 as a slave player of a midi-stream from elsewhere.

As these understandings correct ?

Do either of these set-ups make for a flexible workflow in terms of record > tweak > playback / play with playback ?
Very specifically, is there any set-up in which the EK-50 plays a 'user-song', and/but the direct controls re choice of voices remain active?

Sincerely

Ian G.
Wales UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: