Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

-can't you load samples from pa 600 to pa 1000 ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject: -can't you load samples from pa 600 to pa 1000 ? Reply with quote

hello everyone --I have sound samples for korg pa 600 and pa 700- marimbas trumpet dx 7 electric piano --but these cannot be loaded to the korg pa 1000-- could someone tell me how to convert them to use them on my pa 1000? -- Thanks for the help ---
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: -can't you load samples from pa 600 to pa 1000 ? Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
.. have sound samples for korg pa 600 and pa 700- marimbas trumpet dx 7 electric piano --but these cannot be loaded to the korg pa 1000...

To use sound samples you can LOAD the following file formats: KSF, AIFF, WAVE - or you can IMPORT the following file formats: PCG, KMP, SF2.

After loading or importing such file formats your samples will exist in memory and are of file formats PCM.

To be used these samples must be assigned to a Multisample or a Drum Kit with sound edtior of Pa1000.
A Multisample allows you to arrange samples into separate zones of the keyboard. Drum Kits allows you to assign a different sample to each note of the keyboard, with up to six dynamic layers per note.

Multisamples can then be assigned to Sounds. Sounds created with this function can be used as any ordinary Sound, and assigned to any part/track of your Pa1000.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:25 am    Post subject: HI thnks friends --but -?? Reply with quote

yes thanks friend --for your answer ---as I said before --these sounds or samples --(korg pa 600 and 900 keyboards already read them without problem) but my keyboard--pa 1000 doesn't recognize these samples- -- maybe it's because these sample sounds are not compatible with my keyboard --?----out there I read that they can be converted with Awave Studio --and changed to korg formats ---but the problem is, that they are already converted to those formats for korg ---( pcm and etc etc ) if you have another suggestion --thank you ---have a nice day ---
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject: hi siebenhirter Reply with quote

I appreciate your help ---it would be great if we could learn to use that option to make samples there on the same keyboard ---and experience new sounds --the only thing I've been able to do is edit the sounds that come by default m on the same korg pa 1000 keyboard and there are many strange things and you spend a month to make a decent edition and it fits you well ----but well this device is good and it is worth the hours of care and many hours of study --------the good thing is that DECEMBER HOLIDAYS ARE COMING AND THE WORLD IS BETTER ---- best regards ---- have a good day ----
midimusa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How they are on the PA600, PA700. Are they sounds that use user samples?
If yes then just load the sound and samples should attached automatically.
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject: hi ..midimusa--Iwill explain --- Reply with quote

hello -midimusa ---i will explain these sounds are samples that a friend gave me these sounds are samples of real marimbas and trumpet and tuba and other sounds --as far as i know these sounds are not from korg ---but (someone was able to convert them for pa 600 and 900 keyboards ) that my friend told me and i could hear good work of these converted sounds for those korg pa 600 and pa 900 keyboards --but on my keyboard these sounds can't be loaded, r i don't hear anything , I only see the names in the (user ) but nothing else --I think that (someone) converted them with some third-party software for example AWAVE STUDIO --BUT I'M TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS WHOLE PROCESS AND SEE HOW I CAN LOAD THESE SAMPLES IN MY PA 1000 AND BEING ABLE TO USE THEM ---thanks for your time and help ---best -regards ---
ritesh.dere123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: -can't you load samples from pa 600 to pa 1000 ? Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
hello everyone --I have sound samples for korg pa 600 and pa 700- marimbas trumpet dx 7 electric piano --but these cannot be loaded to the korg pa 1000-- could someone tell me how to convert them to use them on my pa 1000? -- Thanks for the help ---
You can use Pa manager V4.1 to convert sounds
midimusa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you whole .set with sounds and samples? If you have only samples then siebenhirter explained very well. Sound making from samples is longer story, about that you can read here in forum or over the internet.
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:53 am    Post subject: hi ok midimusa Reply with quote

I can only see that they are already {pcm} and even so I can't import them to the pa 1000. I already went -sound- then -record - I pressed the tab-´+import+ and I can't do anything - I repeat .if they are pcm files. that if in pa 600 and pa 900 they are heard very well -I do not understand how these sounds cannot be loaded in the pa 1000- ---uuuuufff
altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:58 am    Post subject: hi ritesh.dere123 Reply with quote

ok we will see that -hope to find it. and if you give me the link ¿¿- thank you very much
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: HI thnks friends --but -?? Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
yes thanks friend --for your answer ---as I said before --these sounds or samples --(korg pa 600 and 900 keyboards already read them without problem) but my keyboard--pa 1000 doesn't recognize these samples- -- maybe it's because these sample sounds are not compatible with my keyboard --?----out there I read that they can be converted with Awave Studio --and changed to korg formats ---but the problem is, that they are already converted to those formats for korg ---( pcm and etc etc ) if you have another suggestion --thank you ---have a nice day ---

I think, as you mentioned (korg pa 600 and 900 keyboards already read them without problem) then it should work in Pa1000 too.

As other member asked you, are they SOUND (korg format) or SAMPLE (wave, aiff, sf2)?
You should be more precise and give more details of for example;
how do you process to put them on your Pa1000?
That way we can understand better your situation and trying to help you.

Just as a suggestion:
Did you try through Media > Load?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Sounds with samples from Pa600/900 Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
...I have sound samples for korg pa 600 and pa 700 .... i will explain these sounds are samples that a friend gave me ... I can only see that they are already {pcm} and even so I can't import them to the pa 1000 ....

If samples are of type PCM you cannot IMPORT them, but you can LOAD them into memory (Media > Load).
altemar mirandiña wrote:
.... if they are pcm files. that if in pa 600 and pa 900 they are heard very well ...i could hear sounds for those korg pa 600 and pa 900 keyboards .. I think that (someone) converted them ...

If playing you do not hear PCM-Files directly but keyboard-sounds (filetype PCG) that are built of samples and multisamples existing in memory. As already mentioned samples must be assigned to a Multisample (or a Drum Kit) next step it is necessary to use that Multsample (or DrumKit) to built a sound (PCG) that can be audible when playing.
If your friend gave you sounds ore samples that you have already heard with Pa600/900 it would be better to get that sounds (filetype PCG) that you heard - maybe within a Set including individual samples (PCM).
Simply import that PCGs files one by one (not the whole set) and Pa1000 automatically will load the associated pcm/multisample data from the set.

If you only have samples (PCM files) then sound making is really is a longer story:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=726843
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=809480
...etc

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
midimusa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: hi ..midimusa--Iwill explain --- Reply with quote

altemar mirandiña wrote:
i will explain these sounds are samples that a friend gave me these sounds are samples of real marimbas and trumpet and tuba and other sounds

Still i don't understand - are they sounds with samples or just samples. If your friend give you only the samples then plase ask him for sounds too, then you got the sounds that are on the source keyboard and you can just load the selected sound and you got that what was on source KB and you do not needed building the sound from sample. If it's saved direct from source KB then it must be work, but if there are after used some converting programs, yes it can not load. If you get trouble, you can send that for me and then i hope that i can prepare it for your PA1000.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: sounds and samples pa600/700 to Pa100 Reply with quote

midimusa wrote:
..Still i don't understand - are they sounds with samples or just samples..

It really is hard to understand as long as the terms Sounds and Samples are used in this context (context) here again and again in a misleading way. We discuss about sounds and samples for Pa-keyboards soundgenerator. To know what we are talking about we should stick to the naming convention of Korg, but as long as we use incomprehensible, different terms, no problem solutions are to be expected!

The question "sounds with samples or just samples" is justified, but at the base of every sound there are always samples, i.e. recordings of real sounds, no matter if they are factory sounds or user sounds.

A look into the manual of any Pa-keyboard (chapter Overview of File Management - Media Structure) shows PCM = Sample, KMP = Multisample, PCG = Sound and the manuals describe that sounds are, what you can play on the keyboard.

But maybe when you select sound sets (which are stored as keyboard sets in their own library), it is better to call them keyboard sets (kbdSet) instead of sounds. The same goes for
altemar mirandiña wrote:
... have sound samples for korg pa600 and pa700 but these cannot be loaded to the korg pa1000...
What kind of data did you load, a sound (PCG) or samples (PCM) or whatelse?

It is most important you tell us which file format you want to use with the Pa1000. In the case of PCM files (samples), it is necessary to load or import samples in Sampling mode, add them to a multisample and assign it to a sound (last step in Sound Edit mode).

If a setfile (file type .SET) exists, use the procedure to import the PCG files one at a time as described in my previous posting.
If PCG files are created with user multisamples, it is necessary that the SET file contains the subfolders MULTISMP and PCM. Otherwise it is not possible to get these sounds.

altemar mirandiña

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:17 am    Post subject: hi siebenhirter --thnsk Reply with quote

hello friend siebenhirter...I have already done many tests and I only see that these samples are (pcm) and I have entered 1 sound then 2record 3 load/import and I do many things and I simply cannot hear or load anything anywhere on my keyboard pa 1000 ---I have the set of samples, here it is already uncompressed I only see (sound) and other data but I don't have in view (pcg) or anything like that --I only see PCM I think, who gave me, these files , he did not load them correctly, that is, these files, they have nothing more than the names of the instruments, which my friend gave me -----I will go see it and I will check with that friend how, he did the procedure on his pa900 keyboard ---and I come to see this issue here immediately ---for now I hope to find a solution to this problem ----have a good day ---thank you very much ---friend ---and other people on the forum for him advice and help ---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: