Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program sustain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCanDream

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Program sustain Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Just a quick rookie question I should know the answer to... In program mode, where is the sustain on-off feature? I'm using a stock sound that doesn't employ sustain but I need to enable it. Thanks in advance.

~David
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no Damper on off in Program mode, as far as I'm aware, since all that is necessary is to keep one's foot off the damper pedal. In Combi mode, there are Enable Damper check boxes for each Timbre in the MIDI filters tab. If the Oasys is being used as a controller of other synths that require Damper, then put the Program into a blank Combi, and set Damper off that way.

UCanDream

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi voip.

Thank you for your reply. Program mode does, in fact, have a damper feature that can be engaged or disengaged. That is why, as an example, Program A 000 (Oasys Piano) can be sustained yet A 050 (Screaming Tube Guitar) does not sustain. I simply can't locate the option to engage sustain for A 050. It's somewhere in the mountain of programmable parameters, lol. I thought I looked everywhere but I will keep searching.

Thanks again.
~D
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UCanDream wrote:
Hi voip.

Thank you for your reply. Program mode does, in fact, have a damper feature that can be engaged or disengaged. That is why, as an example, Program A 000 (Oasys Piano) can be sustained yet A 050 (Screaming Tube Guitar) does not sustain. I simply can't locate the option to engage sustain for A 050. It's somewhere in the mountain of programmable parameters, lol. I thought I looked everywhere but I will keep searching.

Thanks again.
~D

Dave, I fired my Oasys and brought up A50 and, sure enough, no sustain. Started monkeying around and noticed if I turned off the lighted Karma switch (upper left hand) Karma surface switch; I suddenly had sustain when I used the damper pedal. Go figure. By the way good to see you on line. Been awhile. Hope this helps.

And old Colorado guy now retired to Arizona, Eric Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
UCanDream

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric.

Many thanks for your reply. I did find it odd as well that disengaging Karma remedied the sustain issue. But it worked and thank you again. I would still find value in where to find that sneaky little damper on/off in the programming parameters. For the life of me I would have thought it would have been easy to find. In any event -- onward with more composing.

~David
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inability to disable the Damper pedal in Programs is also the case in the Kronos, including the Screaming Tube Guitar Program, which is influenced by KARMA in what would appear to be the same way as the OASYS. The lack of Damper on/off in Program mode is also to be found in other keyboards, including the M3 and M50, so it's not simply a quirk of programming in the OASYS OS.
UCanDream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In program mode there are many sounds that employ the damper and others that do not. In combi mode, KARMA did have an effect on this feature when turned off as noted above. But the programs I am going thru either use sustain or they don't so I am convinced that the option is buried somewhere in the programming parameters. I beginning to think I am either blind or stupid, lol! I am still hopeful that someone will see this and will chime in.

Many thanks.
~David
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this be an ADSR setting in the program AMP envelopes, or an Alternative Modulation Source set to Damper modifying the AMP output? IDK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: