Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5X 88 keys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Thanks Anthony, always thought it might have been my own fault for keeping it in a spare bedroom without air conditioning ie humidity got to it . Makes me feel a bit better that it’s nothing I did.

Wow Sam, your’s certainly looks in worse condition than when I sold mine. ....

Yeah, once it starts, you can't stop it.

rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
rikkisbears wrote:
Thanks Anthony, always thought it might have been my own fault for keeping it in a spare bedroom without air conditioning ie humidity got to it . Makes me feel a bit better that it’s nothing I did.

Wow Sam, your’s certainly looks in worse condition than when I sold mine. ....

Yeah, once it starts, you can't stop it.

Yes, not terribly fair , I think I sold my pa3x for about half of what I could have gotten had it been in the pristine condition I normally keep mine in. The guy got a bargain, just hope it’s still fully useable.

They must have been going thru a phase of using this horrendous product, imagine being the owner of a Lexus, thinking it must be the same product.
https://thetrackahead.com/articles/the-infamous-lexus-sticky-melting-dashboard-problem-what-options-do-i-have/

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been extremely lucky with my three Pas` and have had no “sticky” plastic at all. Had a good inspection of them this morning and nothing. They all look in mint condition, as new.

From day one they have always been covered up, I finish playing and put the covers on. Is that why they are still good I wonder? Very interesting what Anthony said about oxygen being the culprit.

It could also be possible that Korg had a dodgy assignment of plastic delivered and some of us had it and others did not.

I have been very lucky in other ways too. Can honestly say, hand on heart, that I have never once had the slightest problem with my machines. Not for one second. No shutdown no nothing. That I think is because I have kept things simple and not loaded them with dodgy third party incompatible stuff. Please take note of this everyone for I firmly believe it is the reason why many posters have problems when they have bought a perfectly good Pa arranger out of the box. There is already great editing and other things available. Be careful adding “potential” dodgy stuff.

Great to be positive for a change and like I have said many times I love my Korgs`. The best three things that I have ever bought, along with my piano.

Take care
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Taichi,
not aware of it happening to any other models, just the PA3x and not to all of them. Makes one wonder if they discovered that there could be a problem and stopped using the product. Only they know.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Bromalex-vic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andfri78 wrote:
Now I also have my PA5x 88.
My Keys from A6 to C8 (16 keys) were not working!
After discussion with my dealer I was allowed to open it.
Cleaned the Flexcables from Keyboard to PCBA, plugged it in, now it works!

On the Label the Fatar TP-100 is printed. Nothing more.

Bromalex-vic wrote:

In his Youtube channel, in January 2023, he made some very interesting comments on the 88 version keybed.
He says it is a Fatar TP100 Custom and adds that he actually believes it to be the newest Fatar TP110 "disguised" ... maybe because of some marketing or exclusive deals preventing Korg from stating it is the newest version.
You can check all this in his video from 3m20sec: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcfKpe5ycRc#t=3m20s

The only person I know to have opened a Pa5X-88 (our friend "andfri78") could, if he remembers this, enlight us about the claims from the italian from the YouTube video above, stating that the Pa5X keybed is an improved quasi-TP110 Fatar, and not the old TP100LR version.

The new TP110 changed the orientation of the hammer to an horizontal disposition, whereas the old TP100 has the hammer in a vertical position. This is quite obvious on the following images.

Fatar TP100
https://pasteboard.co/nw4qUTajFDDz.png
Fatar TP110
https://pasteboard.co/2P0szyVvfGGX.png

I know that the label states TP100, but do you remember the hammer layout, andfri78 ?

Thanks!

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: