Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using diskmode with a windows pc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adri-L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:21 am    Post subject: Using diskmode with a windows pc Reply with quote

Is there a way to control the disk mode without the touchscreen? I broke my touchpanel last night and I have to get my backup restored. I can enter diskmode, I can select the USB drive but i cant get to the file the I need to restore.

Is there any software for windows that can do this?

Or is there a way with the keypads and knobs on the kronos?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On would have hoped that the Korg Kronos Editor should be able to do this, but it doesnt have the ability to control Disk Mode on the Kronos. If a backup was made using the Kronos Editor, then that would allow the restore of Sequencer data, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't include user samples, and audio data.

Last edited by voip on Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
BlackForest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Using diskmode with a windows pc Reply with quote

Adri-L wrote:
Is there a way to control the disk mode without the touchscreen? I broke my touchpanel last night and I have to get my backup restored. I can enter diskmode, I can select the USB drive but i cant get to the file the I need to restore.

Is there any software for windows that can do this?

Or is there a way with the keypads and knobs on the kronos?

Can one not load/send a backup to the Kronos with the Editor? Obviously the backup would need to be done with the Editor in the first instance, I think it is a .SQS file ending? I might be wrong.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought, if a USB to Ethernet adaptor is connected to the Kronos (it is quite fussy about the adaptors it works with), then using FTP might be an option to access the file system directly on the Kronos. I've not done this, but there has been some discussion about the topic on the forum.
Adri-L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Using diskmode with a windows pc Reply with quote

Nope, there is not diskmode in the editor or the remote app.

The backup is made on the Kronos itself.

BlackForest wrote:
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use the FTP function between your Kronos and a computer, unfortunately you have to set parameters in disk mode first, so it can't work unless you already defined those things in the past.

An alternative that works though is to use the Kronos Editor to create a backup of your Kronos programs/combis, etc. Simply click on the Kronos Transfer tab on the right, then click on All and Get from Kronos. After about 7 or 8 minutes, the transfer will stop and use Save As to create a new SQS file. When you Kronos screen is fixed, you can reuse the Kronos Editor to retransmit all the SQS data into your Kronos, then you should have pretty much everything as before.

For other stuff like saved songs and custom samples saved on the Kronos disk, if you need to back up that stuff you will have to temporarily remove the SSD and do exchanges between it and a computer or clone the entire SSD, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: