Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still excited about the pa5x
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Still excited about the pa5x Reply with quote

Ok so the dust has started to settle . The instrument has been out in the wild in the performance world and in hobbyists homes for over a month now .

We know it has some serious shortcomings . This post isn’t about that .

I want to know are you still excited about the pa5x ?

1. What are the best features you have discovered about the pa5x that either inspires you or makes you more productive musically ?
2. How many new ( not refurbished ) styles and sounds are actually onboard fresh from korg factories ?
3. What are your favourite /styles and sounds and why ?
4. What features have you found that make the pa5x the “ next level “ arranger keyboard .

Lastly , given what you have come to appreciate in the new pa5x , what feature/scwould you miss the most if it were taken away ?

Genuine questions 👌

Last edited by worth on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
usaraiya

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost all of us in the USA, who did not get the KB in the first batch in July, are still waiting for it as there has been no further stock of PA5X in the country.
I don't know about Europe, Asia & Australia, but I think we will have to wait a bit longer for more people to get it to have answers to those valid questions!
Smile
Uday
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth

I want to see, play and hear the finished product - I am not "excited" as such because there are too many thing that do not work.
When I tried a few new features like the dual player, it failed, but as we all know it is very very buggy right now...

The worst of all this saga for me is how "Korg" has made me feel - I cannot trust them right now - hoping they'll earn my trust again but so far I'm very disappointed and would be nervous spending so much money.
I'm just watching and waiting.....

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was excited until the £4000 price tag was unveiled.

That is nothing short of extortionate and £1500 more than the Pa4X.

Features and sound quality are of no importance to me at that price point.

I am a Pensioner and simply cannot justify spending that sort of my hard earned cash on a keyboard.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do any of the people that actually own the instrument want to say anything ?

Are you in love with it and if so what grabs you ?

I know I am still in awe of my pa4x and still finding out about features I can use to enrich my experience of it . Love the electric pianos ,love the guitars , love the bases and drums .

Most of all love the fact that I can produce an almost finished product just on my keyboard . It covers just about everything I need in my studio or playing with my gospel group in rehearsals . You would have to prise it from my cold dead hands 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

What about the pa5x makes you feel like that ?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm...

Struggling to find my Wabi-Sabi with this one...
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Worth hope you are doing well

The keyboard is at the moment not finished product we all know it.
There is better sound for sure, more cleaner more breathing more and better fx in it.

There is much I miss
Midi to style import is not there YET!
What I expected is not in this new flagship
It looks pretty good but not the way it should be.
The display and many things are basic
The tilting lcd is weak and I
Do not like It at all, yes there is some
Better and new logos/pictures but again, nothing impressive like on Kronos and natilius.!
More Fx is great, and the new waves are awesome and sounds great.
Overal New styles are nothing impressive I can do it better.

What IWould like to have is,
Sf2 full import like in the Kronos so we can be more creative and make our own way to make samples sounds etc.
I would like to see some,
New improvements like audio over usb,
Wi-Fi Bluetooth pedals and more of the new thinking stuff iya 2022/2023 soon.
I would like to See
totaly new and modern sounding styles that we did not heard before in any Pa model. Like now it’s the same
Over and over again, just in a new mix and nothing impressive.
More of today’s music more of the modern guitar synth, arp patterns etc.

For now, I do Not think I Can Say anything about what will be in the next Os.
It’s really bad to just wait without any more Info than hugeos is coming in dec.

They say HUGE UPDATE IS COMING FROM KORG,
I hope to See it.
And what exactly is HUGE!

We do not ask for that! I wanted a fully working os!
What I Like to Have from Past, is midi to style, full
Edit for styles no limitations , Kaospad better and more like the real kaospad from korg.
better UI
More and Modern Sounding sounds/styles/Loops/ Use of Audioloops. ( ad the elastic from
The Pa 1000!
Korg you have all this in your arsenal. USE IT.
Ad elastic on the Pa 5x.
Pa 1000 has it, in that way we can save more samples to use for Instrument sounds!!!

I can’t undarstand how I was falling for It,
Maybe I was dumb or maybe an enthusiastic person for the korg company, no Idea,
But korg really need to undarstand this situation and make all they can do to
Fix this muuuuuch better, I mean muuuuch better!!!

Yamaha is waiting in the Corner to See Korg fall down
KETRON is coming soon With a new and impressive unit soon.
So there will be a fight for taking the market.
For me, I’m just waiting to see If korg will Rise up and ad all the good things that we had from Past and even ad things that we like and asked for in years after years like a dedicated sound editor for pc,
Style editor for pc or mac !
And SF2 file full support with all layers at once

I will wait and pray,
Not only for me but also for a company name that for now is very bad condition now.
So
Let’s hope the best.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Ad elastic on the Pa 5x.
Pa 1000 has it, in that way we can save more samples to use for Instrument sounds!!!

Hi Asena,
Just by curiosity, what's elastic on PA1000?

Thanks
iOpus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say one thing that has been happening with me since I sold Pa4x and switched to Pa5x.
I used to have a desire to sit down and practice on my Pa4x two or three times a day (same goes for all the backwards keyboards i've had), simply by glancing past the keyboard, the desire to work appeared immediately. Now it's a different situation. From my overwhelming desire and excitement to switch to the Korg Pa5x to a situation of aversion to my practice. I just walk past the keyboard and have no desire to sit down and turn it on.
I think this writing of mine says enough.
About the sound, I once wrote that it is better than Pa4x, but even that is debatable.
Let me not forget to say again about the Pa5x keyboard that it is far better for playing.
Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJce9h3TiI
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Asena wrote:
Ad elastic on the Pa 5x.

Hi Asena,

Thanks

Hello BR
How are you doing

Well it’s like Yamaha audio drums
You pick a loop and do not need to slice it.
Korg Pa 1000 makes it in elastic and when you slow down the tempo it just fixes the tempo.
No need to slice
No need to do anything more than fix start and stop point.
You ad it than to your style part or use in pads
Korg has it why not ad it to 5x or even to 4 x

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Asena wrote:
Ad elastic on the Pa 5x.

Hi Asena,

Thanks

This is not accurate , there is no Elastic function in any official PaSeries OS , this function is strictly in Libanon MG modified
version OS and is called Vailar Elastic Pro and serves specific time & pitch stretching of samples for Oriental users.

Also it's commonly known that time stretching of an audio sample/loop has the limitation of ±10 up to ±15% max speed variation
(in latest algorithms) of original speed that sample/loop is recorded while time sliced loop can be varied by the double speed that's
why time stretching has been abandoned in Music/VST industry since 20 years , whatever algorithm has been used for 35 years.

Theoretically if someone insists to use a real audio loop (for non drum/percussion) , then the same phrase must be recorded per
semitone for at least 1,5 octave then be addressed in MS and used in Styles , else it sounds completely fake after 3 semitones.

I do agree that audio loop feature would be useful in Pa5X for some restricted use like guitars riffs/drums in specific speed/tempo
and will be welcomed.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Hello BR
How are you doing

Well it’s like Yamaha audio drums
You pick a loop and do not need to slice it.
Korg Pa 1000 makes it in elastic and when you slow down the tempo it just fixes the tempo.
No need to slice
No need to do anything more than fix start and stop point.
You ad it than to your style part or use in pads
Korg has it why not ad it to 5x or even to 4 x

Thanks Asena for the explanation.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

This is not accurate , there is no Elastic function in any official PaSeries OS , this function is strictly in Libanon MG modified
version OS and is called Vailar Elastic Pro and serves specific time & pitch stretching of samples for Oriental users.

Also it's commonly known that time stretching of an audio sample/loop has the limitation of ±10 up to ±15% max speed variation
(in latest algorithms) of original speed that sample/loop is recorded while time sliced loop can be varied by the double speed that's
why time stretching has been abandoned in Music/VST industry since 20 years , whatever algorithm has been used for 35 years.

Theoretically if someone insists to use a real audio loop (for non drum/percussion) , then the same phrase must be recorded per
semitone for at least 1,5 octave then be addressed in MS and used in Styles , else it sounds completely fake after 3 semitones.

I do agree that audio loop feature would be useful in Pa5X for some restricted use like guitars riffs/drums in specific speed/tempo
and will be welcomed.

Thanks Anthony for detailed explanation.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually quite shocked at some of the responses to this post and the general lack of enthusiasm for the Korgpa5x .

It’s one thing to feel aggrieved about the expense of this keyboard , and the many things that it presently was supposed to have but in fact does not have.

But it seems that even the folks that own this keyboard are struggling to get any joy or satisfaction from the bits of the keyboard that do work ….

Perhaps when the instrument is more widely available in the USA , there maybe some more positive feedback .

For the people who own the instrument I hope you can find some joy from your instrument ASAP.

Life is too short .
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth
Current Pa5X OS is a premature release with many issues for advanced users that retain their custom work from Pa4X
so it's definitely logical to be upset until the release of OS v.1.1 that essential issues will be addressed.

For instance major functions for creators and developers , do not work properly , like Styles INTRO1/END1 that are
malfunctioning and you can't create or convert Styles , as also saving function of compressed stereo samples destroys
custom samples that can't be recovered , plus some missing functions from Style editors and bugs in sound engine.

Users that just want to enjoy factory resources will be amassed by the clarity & quality of sound , the overall factory
resources , new FX and superb interface & graphics (see features I've written in Highlights topic and are all certified) ,
the rest advanced users have to wait until corrective OS v1.1 for main issues to be addressed and continue their work
with their custom resources and then all will be happy as usual !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: