Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love your Pa1000/700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Love your Pa1000/700 Reply with quote

This was a post I sent a couple of days ago to Pa4X section that would be nice to share with this section of our forum. With the hope that it will kickstart some activity here.

I remember the first day when I opened the box, took out the Pa4X, plugged it in, calibrated the screen and a few other bits. Pressed style and song play and listened to the Demos`. Well, I was taken aback, flabbergasted at what I was hearing. Stunning. I fell in love with the Pa4X from that moment.

The Songbook became my thing. I obtained sheet music for all of my favourite songs but it was later when I learnt how to edit, pan, fx send, master effects, release, cut off etc when Pa4X moved up to a new level. Amazing.

Just when I thought that things could not possibly get any better, I started to use the midi to style function and the results are my “go to” songs now. The intros` and endings are just like the originals recorded by the artists. Unbelievable.

I have never once, not for a single second, had a problem with bugs, shutdown, nothing. Not ever.

I later bought a Pa1000 and 700, they are fabulous too. Never had one second of trouble with them. The midi to style creator plus the editing have turned them into machines that can be used on stage, venues like a church, a wedding, party and all. People will be blown away with the sounds and performance. You can chuck them in the car and go.

Words cannot describe the pleasure that my Korgs` have given to me. Writing this has made me feel good as against writing some of the negative stuff that sometimes we can all get dragged into.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed the Pa700 is a great arranger, I’ve spent many hours creating content and learning new ways of doing things. No doubt there will be a replacement sometime soon but for me personally don’t see the need for anything else.
taichi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply Native Angels. The Pa700 is some of the best money that I have ever spent. It is my "go to" Pa, move it from one room to another, outdoors and take it to my young granddaughter who loves it. Chuck it in the car and go.

Edit the sounds, midi to style creator the lot. Loud and clear and crisp. Amazing, love it. Glad that you feel the same way too.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
diegodure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jumped from a PA3X LE to a PSR S950 which was disappointing for me, and then to the PA700, and I loved it, although I still miss the tc helicon the mic input with compressor seems better than the mic input of the PA3X LE(PA900 It does not matter). The live set lists seem great to me, they use the songbook and the set list they simplified my life to play as a soloist or in bands as a session player. I can't imagine jumping to something different, I recognize that for so many functions on the PA700 I need more buttons so I don't have to deal with windows inside the touch screen. My next goal was the PA1000 to have the same as in the PA700 plus the TC Helicon for its vocal harmonizer. And of course I look forward to seeing what the replacements for the PA700 and PA1000 have in store for us. But I can't help but say that the PA700 has more than covered all my needs, the only thing missing is the voice harmonizer, but to sing its mic input with compressor and effects is genius. Can I say that I love him? Yes, without a doubt, I had the opportunity to change them for a PA900 and PA3XLE but the SET LIST today is essential for me to work. I investigate other brands, they offered me a PSR SX700 hand in hand and no, when I try it I can't avoid that feeling of love for my PA700. Follow my goal of reaching the PA1000 or the new that Korg PA presents in those segments, while I continue my beautiful relationship with my PA700, of almost 4 years, an arranger has never lasted so long with me, if he reaches 5 he will surpass my old GEM WK8.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a Gem ? I still have my WK4 But it needs an inverter on the screen
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Frustrated about Pa1000 Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
This was a post I sent a couple of days ago to Pa4X section .... words cannot describe the pleasure that my Korgs` have given to me...

Unfortunately, I can't share exuberant joy with you, because I'm just as frustrated about the Pa1000, as the users report in postings http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=811188#811188 .

With using the Pa1000 I can imagine great joy only with standard functions. However, all the features that you are used to from previous models - even from entry-level models - should work satisfactorily. But they don't, because there were no updates for important functions for the mid-range models (Pa1000/700).

In contrast to the Pa4x, where, for example, important style functions such as "LockKeyboardSet" and "FillMode" were updated relatively quickly, these are missing for Pa1000 despite many urgent needs. This means that the styleplay functions are severely limited compared to previous models, so that using the songbook with styles (set list) is really no fun, only frustrating.

No smooth transition as before is possible with changing a running style, because also with inactive "LockKeyboardSet" Sound-Presets are interrupted and automatically set to KbdSet#1. That could be done with Pa3x/800/500 - but the interruptions that occur with the Pa1000 are ugly and the StylePlayer is no longer suitable for this.

So it's not surprising to decide as BR did
BR wrote:
........ I decided to get ride of it and no more wasting time. Switched to another Brand. No more Korg Arranger for me...Best of luck!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Native Angels

I did a search on Master EQ and Limiter and found some interesting helpful posts from you and others. Printed them out to try. I am very happy with the sound and performance of Pa700 just like you and Bernie.

But something keeps drawing us back to learn more and experiment. That’s the nature of these Korg Pa arrangers. Thanks.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
taichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diegodure Songbook and Set Lists are what makes the Pa700 so good for my needs. I always start at Set List, that is where my favourite songs are. Do you use Midi to Style converter ? It`s great.

If I could change just one thing only it would be for the pads to light up as on my other Pas`. Other than that my Pa700 is going nowhere, not ever. Love it.
Adam A7X studio monitors
Steinway upright piano
DESERT GUY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:30 am    Post subject: New Korg PA700 Owner Reply with quote

After waiting for a Korg Pa1000 or Korg PA700, I decided to go for the PA700, because one became available. I do have a Korg PA4X, which of course has been fantastic, and don't plan to ever part with it. With gig work starting up again I decided to go for a lighter weighted arranger. I did have some concern about running into problems loading all the tunes I have from the PA4x's Songbook and Set List into the PA700. I'm happy to report, so far I've had zero problems with all my tunes loaded into the PA700's Songbook and a few remaining to get into my Set List. I will miss having the vocal harmonizer feature, however. : Smile

Dale
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can your the songbook editor to merge sets from your Pa4x to pa700
DESERT GUY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Native Angels for your suggestion to use songbook editor to merge sets from my Pa4X to my new PA700. I will do that the next time I'm getting my PA700 updated with more PA4X files.

Dale
diegodure

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
diegodure Songbook and Set Lists are what makes the Pa700 so good for my needs. I always start at Set List, that is where my favourite songs are. Do you use Midi to Style converter ? It`s great.

If I could change just one thing only it would be for the pads to light up as on my other Pas`. Other than that my Pa700 is going nowhere, not ever. Love it.

The styles converter is really bad, very precarious, it doesn't work to create a stylesong as I'm used to, I keep resorting to StyleWork XT to create my styles at convenience. But since no arranger so far has come up with a working style converter it's not something that worries me, of course it would be great if they improve this technology in the new PA5X and the successors of the PA700/1000, but for now I'm more than happy with it PA700, and the songbook, with the setlists I can work calmly as a soloist, and also in bands where I work as a sessionist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: