Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M1 dump and restore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject: Korg M1 dump and restore Reply with quote

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I'm going to have my M1 serviced and before doing so I'm going to Dump all data from the M1 to my computer via MIDI.

I regularly perform the Dump but I haven't had to restore in over 10 years when I changed the button battery and have forgotten how that's done.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks! Ed
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procedure to reload the M1 is:

1. Connect the MIDI OUT socket from your PC/sequencer to the MIDI IN socket on the M1.

2. Switch on the M1 and set the basic MIDI channel to 1 (Global Midi Channel) and ensure that SYS-EX RECEIVE is enabled. (if you fail to do this, the reload procedure will not work!).

3. Load the reload file into your PC/sequencer (m1preld.mid or m1preld.syx) and transmit it to the M1.

4. When all data has been transmitted switch off the M1, then switch it back on again and check that the first program sound is I00: Universe.

5. All factory sounds and demos have now been restored.

EdK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: