Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here we go again...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Here we go again... Reply with quote

I was holding back from writing about that but i believe it is time to bring it on...

Why don't people learn anything from past experiences?
I mean , you can go look for yourself the first (oldest) pages/topics on korg pa4x section (and i guess pa3x too although i didn't look there)...

What you ll find out is THE EXACT same situation that is happening here now with pa5x which is that the most people that were angry/disappointed at the pa4x at release ,now are the best supporters of it and at that time back then , they hadn't even touched it before talking about it as it happens now again...

KORG has almost never released a flagship arranger that was ok to go to work with during the first months (before the first os releases that addressed the most serious bugs) in the last 12+ years (maybe more but i wasn't into korg arrangers earlier so don't have personal experience).
What made people believe that it would be different this time?
Even more when we knew that the entire system has been through a rewrite and restructure (which is logical to give more bugs as they changed almost everything)?

I personally joined the "beta" team voluntarily as i wanted to be a part of the new things that korg wants to offer us and knowing that it would most probably be crap for the first months till we point out the most serious bugs...
I put beta in "" as it is NOT officially beta but feels like it and given most previous releases (mentioned above) it was like a 99.9999% sure thing that it would be that way...
Should it have been like that? Of course no , but it was always like that so why wouldn't it be once more?

So i m enjoying what it can do right now while i m finding stuff and reporting to them to help in making it the powerhouse it will surely be...
It is already way more powerful than pa4x in most cases , especially sound wise.
Would i go to work with it as it is right now?
Absolutely NO .
I d prefer to take my pa300 any day over the pa5x in its current state as it is already tested, setup and ready to do the job with all updates to make it stable and reliable.
And if my work was playing music live i wouldn't even consider selling my pa4x till i would have tested myself the pa5x and read all reports online that it has no serious issues from people that are testing it everyday etc.

Sorry for the long post.
Just wanted to say what i have in my head out loud because i feel like i should stop coming here to read and try to help people here as all this negativity around pa5x ,is taking me down too and i don't want to stop enjoying its beautiful sound due to that...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we go again... Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
I was holding back from writing about that but i believe it is time to bring it on...

I mean , you can go look for yourself the first (oldest) pages/topics on korg pa4x section (and i guess pa3x too although i didn't look there)...

What you ll find out is THE EXACT same situation that is happening here now with pa5x which is that the most people that were angry/disappointed at the pa4x at release ,now are the best supporters of it and at that time back then , they hadn't even touched it before talking about it as it happens now again...

KORG has almost never released a flagship arranger that was ok to go to work with during the first months (before the first os releases that addressed the most serious bugs) in the last 12+ years (maybe more but i wasn't into korg arrangers earlier so don't have personal experience).
Even more when we knew that the entire system has been through a rewrite and restructure (which is logical to give more bugs as they changed almost everything)?

I personally joined the "beta" team voluntarily as i wanted to be a part of the new things that korg wants to offer us and knowing that it would most probably be crap for the first months till we point out the most serious bugs...
I put beta in "" as it is NOT officially beta but feels like it and given most previous releases (mentioned above) it was like a 99.9999% sure thing that it would be that way...
Should it have been like that? Of course no , but it was always like that so why wouldn't it be once more?

So i m enjoying what it can do right now while i m finding stuff and reporting to them to help in making it the powerhouse it will surely be...
It is already way more powerful than pa4x in most cases , especially sound wise.
Absolutely NO .
I d prefer to take my pa300 any day over the pa5x in its current state as it is already tested, setup and ready to do the job with all updates to make it stable and reliable.
And if my work was playing music live i wouldn't even consider selling my pa4x till i would have tested myself the pa5x and read all reports online that it has no serious issues from people that are testing it everyday etc.

Sorry for the long post.
Just wanted to say what i have in my head out loud because i feel like i should stop coming here to read and try to help people here as all this negativity around pa5x ,is taking me down too and i don't want to stop enjoying its beautiful sound due to that...

I cannot agree more with your observations. It seems the vitriol pushed toward the 5X is particularly strident this go around, but has been there for previous releases as well. I think it is human nature to bash that what with we are unfamiliar and cling so desperately to what is familiar. Then there is the "piling on" effect. From what I can glean from the videos and manuals; this 5X is actually an advancement of the PA realm and should stand up well against all comers in the PA field. If favorite little quirks of operation are lost then the new owners have to be flexible enough to find new avenues to get their music across to their audiences. That is basically what we musicians have done throughout history. The music will find a way! Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Blazenko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we go again... Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

Absolutely NO .

Sorry for the long post.

I cannot agree more with your observations. It seems the vitriol pushed toward the 5X is particularly strident this go around, but has been there for previous releases as well. I think it is human nature to bash that what with we are unfamiliar and cling so desperately to what is familiar. Then there is the "piling on" effect. From what I can glean from the videos and manuals; this 5X is actually an advancement of the PA realm and should stand up well against all comers in the PA field. If favorite little quirks of operation are lost then the new owners have to be flexible enough to find new avenues to get their music across to their audiences. That is basically what we musicians have done throughout history. The music will find a way! Cool

Is it really so presumptuous these days that a customer expects a functioning product?
After all, Korg expects customers to pay a much higher purchase price.

So is it wrong to simply expect and get quality and satisfaction in the product in return for your money?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we go again... Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

Absolutely NO .

Sorry for the long post.

Is it really so presumptuous these days that a customer expects a functioning product?

So is it wrong to simply expect and get quality and satisfaction in the product in return for your money?

Don't get me wrong, i m not saying korg does the right thing here.
Obviously they are on the wrong but it is our fault that we keep repeating the same mistakes too, especially the people that use their instrument as a work tool for living.
Who would sell for example his/her car for another one if he/she is not sure the new one is going to get the job done? Even more if the specific brand has a history of messy releases?

At least korgs history says that it will eventually get fixed..
Then we ll redo this conversation here in 4-6 years for pa6x!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we go again... Reply with quote

Blazenko wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:
musiccankill wrote:

Absolutely NO .

Sorry for the long post.

Blazenko words are very true and a Concept Korg should Not ignore at its peril...

Repeated patterns of the past would be advisable to be consigned to the dustbin of history after PA5X...

Korg really do need to re-evaluate the process that's been played out on these forums, through social Media, in showrooms and at the end of phones/emails to customer support which should for the better part of been done behind closed doors...

I really do hope that Korg take notice this time because at the end of the day we all (((love))) the products they produce when they eventually get it right.

Last edited by D575 on Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Is it really so presumptuous these days that a customer expects a functioning product?

So is it wrong to simply expect and get quality and satisfaction in the product in return for your money?"

So what is not functioning? The PA5X seems to play brilliantly! What are you expecting? You make it seem that the keyboards don't work. That does not seem to be the case. If it is some idiosyncratic method of operation that is not there; can you live without it? If not, don't buy it. It is pretty simple.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
"Is it really so presumptuous these days that a customer expects a functioning product?

So is it wrong to simply expect and get quality and satisfaction in the product in return for your money?"

So what is not functioning? The PA5X seems to play brilliantly! What are you expecting? You make it seem that the keyboards don't work. That does not seem to be the case. If it is some idiosyncratic method of operation that is not there; can you live without it? If not, don't buy it. It is pretty simple.
You seem far removed from the problems that are being discussed... How are you finding your PA5X???
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:

You seem far removed from the problems that are being discussed... How are you finding your PA5X???

I don't have one yet, that is why I am asking the questions. The complaints do not seem to match up with what I hear on Utube. I know how Korg "rolls" and that will NOT be resolved any time soon here.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
D575 wrote:
nitecrawler wrote:

I don't have one yet, that is why I am asking the questions. The complaints do not seem to match up with what I hear on Utube. I know how Korg "rolls" and that will NOT be resolved any time soon here.

It has issues, nobody can say otherwise.
A lot of issues actually...
Some of them would have been easily addressed before release if they wanted to (and the real beta testers had done their job as they should).
But it also plays nice, has a lot more features compared to 4x already and doesn't seem to crash/reboot as often as 4x did back in the day...
I can upload at some point, some tests i have done , that even i (that i wrote them) can't believe that they came out of that keyboard without even user samples...

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t post often on this forum but I have to respond to this nonsense .

Loving korg products is something we all share in common.

I have been a korg user for over 14 years . I understand loyalty to the company .

But this is disgusting . It is not negativity for consumers / customers and potential customers to express their justified dissatisfaction with a very very expensive product that was clearly released before major functions were programmed, tested and operational.

This is actually good feed back . It helps prevent actual financial fraud .

And make no mistake that what korg is committing here is financial fraud .

They are deliberately selling an incomplete product as complete , taking clients money and then hinting that in fact the product will be finished at some point in the future . An honest company would tell their customers up front that the product they were releasing is still in its testing phase so marketed functions don’t work. Buy at your own risk .

And someone is offended that customers have the audacity to call out this fraud on a public korg forum ???

If you love the product continue to love it . What logic is there in complaining that other people are expressing a different opinion of the product than you ???

I am not offended by your positivity towards the product or the company . It’s your money and your choice .

But it is a little unfair to criticise others who genuinely and correctly expected a fully functioning product from the date it was released as such .

It is low expectations of the quality of the product that enabled korg to fraudulently push out a low quality ,not quite ready for the market product , to the market .

This horrible buiness practise needs to stop .

If this sounds harsh . You haven’t heard me in person. It sounds much worse .
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I don’t post often on this forum but I have to respond to this nonsense .

Loving korg products is something we all share in common.

I have been a korg user for over 14 years . I understand loyalty to the company .

But this is disgusting . It is not negativity for consumers / customers and potential customers to express their justified dissatisfaction with a very very expensive product that was clearly released before major functions were programmed, tested and operational.

This is actually good feed back . It helps prevent actual financial fraud .

And make no mistake that what korg is committing here is financial fraud .

They are deliberately selling an incomplete product as complete , taking clients money and then hinting that in fact the product will be finished at some point in the future . An honest company would tell their customers up front that the product they were releasing is still in its testing phase so marketed functions don’t work. Buy at your own risk .

And someone is offended that customers have the audacity to call out this fraud on a public korg forum ???

If you love the product continue to love it . What logic is there in complaining that other people are expressing a different opinion of the product than you ???

I am not offended by your positivity towards the product or the company . It’s your money and your choice .

But it is a little unfair to criticise others who genuinely and correctly expected a fully functioning product from the date it was released as such .

It is low expectations of the quality of the product that enabled korg to fraudulently push out a low quality ,not quite ready for the market product , to the market .

This horrible buiness practise needs to stop .

If this sounds harsh . You haven’t heard me in person. It sounds much worse .

As i can clearly see, you are referring to me and i m not offended too by any means by you or anybody!

Well , as i said, i DON'T agree with what korg does ,just like you don't agree too, and nobody should agree with any company that does such things no matter how much they like any product or not!

What i said here, is that the same story has happened again and almost nobody seems to have learnt anything!

Of course we should advice others to prevent them from making a mistake.
Of course we should be against any company that does these type of things.
Of course we should express our disappointment.
But there is a certain stage that it goes beyond that into ranting and negativity without any foreseeable benefit...
And as i was writing this post , i felt that for me it got past this and while i am always trying to help here with any issue i may be able to help with (unfortunately i don't work for korg to be able to provide more "inside" help so i m restricted to what i learnt myself or found out by looking inside my personally bought and owned keyboards) , it started taking me away from enjoyment of the keyboard itself.
It is korg who should be doing what i m trying to do anyway but i like helping others with what i can help with (i don't know everything or have all the resources or inside info so i m limited to that extend)....

Hope i didn't offend anybody as this wasn't my intention in the first place!

Take care people and enjoy your keyboards and music in general!

kleant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Korg has taken a laid back approach with latest flagship products this can be seen with Natilus and now with Pa5X.

Coming from Pa80 to Pa1X was a breeze from my self. Then the same from Pa1X to Pa2X. From Pa3X to Pa4X in 1-2 weeks I was able to fully load every previous styles/performance/sample/etc and ready to go for performance even with the first released OS. The first released Next OS on Pa4X had some problems which made performance difficult however after some updates the keyboard was up and running again. Still have bugs and need polished some functions and features etc but at least you could perform with it. Unfornately for me i could not say the same for Pa5X yet.

If Korg wanted there nothing stopping it fixing all the bugs and make ready all functions and features as advertised since Pa5X launch. Maybe they wanted to test costumer patience on all function changes and to see how far they can go with cutting features which some of them I think hopefully I'm wrong will never be implemented back.

I don't know what have changed on their top level decision making but something has gone very wrong and it's not going in right directions as far as costumer and product satisfaction.

Pa5x could have been a golden success oportunity/story for Korg, they had all the tools and resources to make it a success from the start just by giving users some upgrades that they requested over the years but they decided to go for completely new arranger alienating and confusing most previous Pa owners which were asking and helping korg to refine/find all the bugs on pa line familiar models.

I can't understand how naive and wrong must be to launch a product which does not even work as advertised and propably is illegal by claiming some information which at the moment are not included or not working as advertised.

Im not a costumers rights solicitor but its very tempting to sue korg for Pa5X false information! Smile
iOpus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of us "loyalists" expected a completely perfect product. As before I knew there would be bugs. But at least I was hoping for things already solved from before and lessons learned, that they would not take them into account, I personally did not hope. We have gone overboard explaining this topic in several open threads here. This whole thing is new and has never been like this before, let's not lie here.
For example, no one of scales (Quarter Tone, Arabic Scale, etc) work. I don't know how they will play oriental music on this keyboard. Well the Korg Pa80 didn't have this problem 20 years ago. I personally use user scale for other things. It doesn't work. I wrote about it before and uploaded a youtube clip.
I'll say it again, we shouldn't compare ourselves to previous keyboards. This is unprecedented in the world of keyboards.
And let me add that there are grandfathers on YouTube who play on a Pa5x songs, they enjoy playing and they don't mind what we are talking about here.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer

Last edited by iOpus on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a no win scenario for Korg with some of the members here.

Whinges galore that Korg have not updated their Pa range (guilty myself) abounded a few months ago.

Then when they do release a new model the whinges continue because of missing features and a slightly flaky OS.

Had Korg not released the Pa5X no doubt the whinges would have continued along the lines that they were.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
It is a no win scenario for Korg with some of the members here.

Whinges galore that Korg have not updated their Pa range (guilty myself) abounded a few months ago.

Then when they do release a new model the whinges continue because of missing features and a slightly flaky OS.

Had Korg not released the Pa5X no doubt the whinges would have continued along the lines that they were.

I am sorry you are Wrong ...

"slightly flaky OS" > NO... this is a Understament...

"whinges"> NO... most of what has been reported is Justified...

My evaluation of your comments... (A) Please don't take the findings of PA5X users personally and (B) try to understand the general consensus of those who in the first instance have purchased PA5X can not all be wrong in there evaluation of what is clearly a premature release...

What I will say is when Korg finally get their act together and sort this all out, then I do believe we will eventually have a Incredibly Fantastic Product...

But as PA5X stands at this moment, it should of never arrived in the hands of Korg Customers in its present condition...

Nothing more, nothing less and I hope you can really try to understand this...

And importantly at this particular moment in time the Hierarchy inside Korg need to have their feet held to the fire over this...

BUT.. to be Very Clear here, I will exclude all the Hard Working People associated in and around PA5X...

Last edited by D575 on Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: