Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The KORG Pa5X is not a continuation of the Pa4X !!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korgpask

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:45 am    Post subject: The KORG Pa5X is not a continuation of the Pa4X !!! Reply with quote

Hi, I don't want to be mean, but this message solved many things. This sentence.

"It should be noted that KORG has developed a new Pa5X instrument and this instrument is not a continuation of the Pa4X model.
Therefore, do not look for the functions that Pa4X has in Pa5X !!!

Boot creator ....
chord detection from midi ....
internal HDD - ssd ...
adaptive microphone setup....
and many more...

KORG decided not to put it there.
Therefore, those who hope that the Pa5X will have everything that the Pa4X had, just wait to see if that will be the case.

I personally don't want such a Pa5X even for free. I can't use it to do what I need to compose, compose, produce, rework, edit, ....
Unreliability of micro SD.

my transition to Pa5X will only be ! if KORG adds to the Pa5X all the functions that the Pa4X has !!! otherwise not...

to wait almost half a year to solve the little things is unthinkable!!!
very slow responses from KORG are in this condition of the Pa5X SCARY, UNACCEPTABLE for me.

The next OS update is due in DECEMBER ??

until then what???

I'm waiting for Pa6X Smile

So Pa5X is NOT a sequel to Pa4X .....
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
Hi, I don't want to be mean, but this message solved many things. This sentence.
"It should be noted that KORG has developed a new Pa5X instrument and this instrument is not a continuation of the Pa4X model.

It "solves" absolutely nothing but merely adds to the confusion although it would solve a lot of things for Korg as they would not need to change anything - just leave it as is.
You say "...I don't want to be mean...." so I gather then that YOU ARE KORG? (of course you're not!! Wink I wish you were!!)
Again and again and again and again I ask - where does all this type of information come from?
So many conflicting rumours which no-one will confirm or justify.

Next update in September, er, no, November, er no, December, er no early next year
Distributors saying they have not heard about any problems.
Missing features are actually there, just not implemented yet (so the above quoted rumour kills this rumour!!! Brick wall )

I think we've put up with enough rumours to last a lifetime.

For me, if it's not in "Korg News" then it doesn't exist and it's a waste of energy speculating.
All these rumours are pushing me further and further away..... and I'm beginning to feel quite concerned for those who have already purchased it.

korgpask wrote:
I'm waiting for Pa6X

Might put my order in now - should arrive at about the same time as my personal telegram from the King Wink

~~~~~~~~>>
@ korgpask
Completely empathise with your comments - this whole thing is very frustrating...
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question as Pete's .

Where does this quote come from? Because even the name of the instrument boldly suggests the Pa5x is very much so the next generation of the Pa4x and that entire line. Now if they called it Korg KIWI 2000, then you could argue this is a brand new instrument that's got nothing to do with the rest. Just like the workstation series.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!! The Korg KIWI 2000 - obviously designed and built not that far from me Wink

As this news is coming from you, SAM, it is definitely not a rumour.... I'm excited!!

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry for new Pa5X owners , they will be soon rewarded for their purchase
and the whole mislead speculation information will be vanished ...

All published highlights will soon work flawlessly and all will revise your reviews , so be patient
don't waste your time and enjoy your current Pa4X until the moment you will upgrade it.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Do not worry for new Pa5X owners , they will be soon rewarded for their purchase
and the whole mislead speculation information will be vanished ...

All published highlights will soon work flawlessly and all will revise your reviews , so be patient
don't waste your time and enjoy your current Pa4X until the moment you will upgrade it.

Come on Antony surely you can do better than that? with out source and details this could easily be seen as a dismissive, inflammatory and some what arrogant response...

But... i am sure you did not mean it to sound that way??...

So perhaps you could revise and fill in the important missing details for us here ???
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope , but all haters can do it better , all you will see working after official OS release (since this is a beta one) , are written there
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127306

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The KORG Pa5X is not a continuation of the Pa4X !!! Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:

For hardware, yes it is. Look at https://www.elmarherz.de/alfred-2.htm#2. No significant changes.

Quote:

Boot creator ....
chord detection from midi ....
internal HDD - ssd ...
adaptive microphone setup....
and many more...

KORG decided not to put it there.

I don't know where you get your information from. When you read the announcement Korg wrote prior to the introduction of the Pa5X it should be working already in the Pa5X. It is not, but maybe better it is still not. It is not known what shall be implemented in next update. Korg doesn't tell anything about that.

Quote:

I'm waiting for Pa6X Smile

So Pa5X is NOT a sequel to Pa4X .....

In short: I disagree with you...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Nope , but all haters can do it better , all you will see working after official OS release (since this is a beta one) , are written there
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127306

Anthony are you a Official Representatives for Korg now ?

If you are saying "since this is a beta one" have i then purchased a New Pa5X with a BETA Operating System ??

And your comment "but all the haters can do better" who are you specifically directing this at please ???

Last edited by D575 on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
thomasteele

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it can convert the styles i have made from pa4x ,at the moment it takes over an hour to import and not all of the styles in favourites nor user samples cannot be loaded so you have to load the full set . I do not like the hard drive system so far
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas , follow instructions of http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127577
For the rest divert your complaints to Korg Japan management that obviously forced Italian department
to release an arranger with unfinished OS !

iOpus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is unnecessary to discuss such topics - he heard, he didn't hear. We need to realize that when we bought Pa5x and saw the mess we are in, we are now going to play the dance that follows for the next extended period. Learn how to survive this period as easily as possible.
I see on YouTube some guys playing songs with the new Pa5x and enjoying themselves. They also recorded the same songs with the previous keyboards. One man explains how to make a simple style on a PA5x (kids 20 years ago on a PA80 did that) but doesn't mention that there is no quantizer in the style edit section.
The first testers (they are the most guilty for me) advertised themselves on youtube and did a great job on Korg, we like a blind man for a stick
If they do nothing, we should know that this is also possible. If they had keyboards wich hanging around stores they wouldn't be ignoring us like this. A cat ate their tongue (Korg team), it's called in my place

If someone laughs at you with Pa4x, don't get angry, they were smarter, right Pete? Smile
Keep smiling and wait.
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer

Last edited by iOpus on Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Aha!! The Korg KIWI 2000 - obviously designed and built not that far from me Wink

As this news is coming from you, SAM, it is definitely not a rumour.... I'm excited!!

Very Happy

Damn it! I violated my NDA again! I might as well come clean guys. Remember that backyard barbeque Pa5x video? That was me. Embarassed

kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all count 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 ->???

I think a 5 is the next number as compared to

Tyros 3 -> Tyros 4 -> Tyros 5 -| Genos = New Generation
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Thomas , follow instructions of http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127577
For the rest divert your complaints to Korg Japan management that obviously forced Italian department
to release an arranger with unfinished OS !

Forgive me but why would I continue divert to korg who only tiptoe round the issues and when you are clearly taking the lead on the behalf of Korg round here...

So it is only logical that I respond to your comments or are you missing some Key Fundamental Points when considering this debacle which Korg has created when you make your remarks ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: