Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quirk? SyseX, reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tordenspyd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Quirk? SyseX, reset Reply with quote

Just a quick note on a possible quirk in the operation of Pa4X.
And a question: Is there a hidden command to reset the Pa4X to the power-up conditions.

Background.
I was playing a sequence recorded on the Pa4X . I sent the MIDI data over USB from Logic Pro. I only needed to do a few minor edits to the accompaniment track at a few locations. The MIDI file saved by Pa4X contains one track with SysX commands. I usually mute the track, but here I heard that the piano sound was more to my liking with the SysX track activated, so I activated it. I also had recorded the song with a fade out by pressing the fade-button on Pa4X. It sounded perfect, and if I was going to do it with midi commands, I could draw a midi controller volume curve, but since it sounded perfect I could leave the sysex track activated.

However, after having played the song, the Pa4X gave no sound !

Replaying the sequence resulted in no sound. playing the keyboard gave no sound. So there were no SysX messages in the beginning of the file that was resetting the volume reduction and complete quenching caused by the fade-out. Under normal operation, the necessary reset must come from the operation of the Pa4X itself, but are not put i the song file.

The Pa4X remains silent when switching between song play mode and style play mode, or selecting different styles. And a user could power down the Ps4X to reset it. Fortunately the sound comes back by switching between Sequencer mode and Style mode, so there is not a big crisis if one knows about it.

peace
Anthour57

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try Shitf+Start/Stop?
tordenspyd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthour57 wrote:
Did you try Shitf+Start/Stop?

That's the lifesaving Panic button. Very Happy
Yes, it also gets the sound back on in this case.
( while sending Midi Controllers Reset message over USB does not)
Thanks!
peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: