Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5x - suggested changes & enhancements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaPale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styles to also be able to play classical music, both 3/4 and 4/4
Yammo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
A few suggestions (apologies if these were already made)
1) Flashing metronome light on the Style/Song On/Off button (whichever player is selected). Every synth since the 90s has had this, and of course the PA2/3/4X had them too.
2) Add the option to "convert" on of the sliders to control the balance between keys and style/song.
3) "Delete note" option in style/song/pad editing mode

These items are extremely crucial and were on the PA2x, PA3x, and PA4x. I'm really not quite sure why these were removed on the PA5x. Thank you!
DaPale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to Shift + Octave to octave up or down all upper and Lower voices all together.
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest arranger Yamaha Genos 2 can use 16 midi tracks to create its styles. I would be nice that you for example for variation 1 call track 11 for ACC1 and for variation 2 call track 3 for ACC1.

What I mean is that you can vary tracks in your style creation per variation so you can call up more sounds in a style.
valimaties

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
The latest arranger Yamaha Genos 2 can use 16 midi tracks to create its styles. I would be nice that you for example for variation 1 call track 11 for ACC1 and for variation 2 call track 3 for ACC1.

What I mean is that you can vary tracks in your style creation per variation so you can call up more sounds in a style.

In Yamaha's styles you CANNOT call more than 8 channels in playing style. The hidden 8 channels you can use to create chord variations. More than that if you do that in an Yamaha style you cannot edit anymore that channel in keyboard style creator. The channel will be locked for edit. The only option in keyboard is to delete the existing midi events.
In Yamaha's styles the CASM section is the section responsible for the chord variation. There you can tell that a channel is assigned to a specific style part, like Bass, CHD1, CHD2, PAD, PHR1 and PHR2.. (these are coresponding style parts for ACC1 to ACC5 in Korg). So, if you want to create chord variation for example to CHD1, which I have a guitar, you can write the midi events in channel 11 for major chords, and create minor midi events in channel 2 for example, and assign both to CHD1, but they will NEVER play in the same time. Then you must tell which channel will play major chords and which one will play minor chords. In this way the style player will know which channel will play for the CHD1 CASM section in the style part. ALL this things must be done on PC software, it cannot be done in keyboard in Yamaha. Because Yamaha does not open those 1-8 channels to user in style creator function.
Korg is best on these things, like open functions and parameters to user.

Regards,
Vali
DaPale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valimaties wrote:
DaPale wrote:

In Yamaha's styles you CANNOT call more than 8 channels in playing style. The hidden 8 channels you can use to create chord variations. More than that if you do that in an Yamaha style you cannot edit anymore that channel in keyboard style creator. The channel will be locked for edit. The only option in keyboard is to delete the existing midi events.
In Yamaha's styles the CASM section is the section responsible for the chord variation. There you can tell that a channel is assigned to a specific style part, like Bass, CHD1, CHD2, PAD, PHR1 and PHR2.. (these are coresponding style parts for ACC1 to ACC5 in Korg). So, if you want to create chord variation for example to CHD1, which I have a guitar, you can write the midi events in channel 11 for major chords, and create minor midi events in channel 2 for example, and assign both to CHD1, but they will NEVER play in the same time. Then you must tell which channel will play major chords and which one will play minor chords. In this way the style player will know which channel will play for the CHD1 CASM section in the style part. ALL this things must be done on PC software, it cannot be done in keyboard in Yamaha. Because Yamaha does not open those 1-8 channels to user in style creator function.
Korg is best on these things, like open functions and parameters to user.

Regards,
Vali

Ok, I think I don't understand the principles. I renamed a PRS file to MID en opened it in Cubase. I see 16 tracks with the first tracks specifically assigned to the intro's for example.
DaPale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have a KBDSET category Favorites beside the 11 favorites you can assign with the Favorite button. So you can mark KBDSETS as favorite how much you like.
valimaties

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:

Ok, I think I don't understand the principles. I renamed a PRS file to MID en opened it in Cubase. I see 16 tracks with the first tracks specifically assigned to the intro's for example.

It's ok, Yamaha's style is build different than Korg's style. Korg uses 8 tracks (channels in Yamaha's definition). Yamaha uses 16 channels (one track only, this is the convention).
Korg's CVs are made "horizontally", each cv takes some measures along midi file, as long as in Yamaha you build CV vertically, if you look into the midi file. So you can create CV by using the channels from 1 to 8, which will not be seen in Yamaha's style creator, but it can read them. You cannot call all 16 channels all at a time, because only 8 are using in realtime: RHY1, RHY2, BASS, CHD1, CHD2, PAD, PHR1 and PHR2, which are assigned to channels 9 to 16. Yamaha uses a thing called CASM section. It is a section in style bytes which defines how the channels are used and which is the destination of each channel. So, if you set for example both channels 2 and 11 for bass, and you don't choose which channel play for a certain type of chords, like minor, major, 7th, and so on, it will automatically call channel 11, you write data in channel 2 in vain. But if you set channel 11 (default channel for bass) for Major chords and you set channel 2 for minor chords, then you will have the same measures (for example 2->5 in midi file, which I suppose you will write the IntroAA) which plays channel 11 for major chords and channel 2 for minor chords. This is the CASM section which takes control of the settings.

This is a picture from a software which is able to read/edit/create Yamaha styles. As you can see, there is an option in the SFF2 CASM window which allows you to set whcih type of chords are assigned to the selected channel. Is something similar to Korg's table recognition for CVs, but in Yamaha this is defined for each channel not for an entire range of measures.

There are much to say about the poor style creator from Yamaha (LOL), but is not the place to talk about it!

Cheers!
pedrodetenerife

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
1. Move crossfader to the right and load from the songbook midifile with +3 transpose
2. Move crossfafer to the left and load from the songbook style with -2 transpose
Transpose -2 won't load. It will stay with value +3

Hello, Did you try saving the transpose in "save song"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: