Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA5x - suggested changes & enhancements
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KauserImtiaz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:
Show the name of the active Songbook entry on the display in Player1 (2).

+1

Kauser Imtiaz
NASA Scientist and Music Hobbyist
Pa5x, Pa2xPro
JagiChan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KauserImtiaz wrote:
petr14 wrote:
Show the name of the active Songbook entry on the display in Player1 (2).

+1

+1
JagiChan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PA5X and the previous PA series have a built-in real-time clock and calendar. However, I see no use for it other than using it to turn off the keyboard after 2 hours of non usage.

My recommendation would be to display the time at least on the top of the display. It would help the artists to keep track of real-world time for coffee, lunch breaks, etc.,
evo3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just create the possibility to set the damper pedal entry also assignable parameters as the assignable 1 and 2 pedals. With that we would have at least three assignable pedals instead of only two!
By the way, this was something that my Generalmusic SX2 Keyboard from 1993 already offered and we know that this is only a matter of software change with no need of hardware!
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject: CC#84 Reply with quote

It's on almost every Korg Synth that came out after the Triton, Midi CC#84 (Portamento Control) with a pedal or switch, I don't understand why Korg would not implement this feature? for me if that happens this would make it one of the best arrangers to date.
Basspig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it if the Record menu were a small window over the rest of the display. I cannot see the chords screen when recording is engaged.

Would also like digital audio over USB like I have with KRONOS.

And finally, how about a way to convert Pa5X instrument setups to Instrument Definition File so that PC-based DAWs and sequencers can see the instrument list. KRONOS has a utility for this called PCG2INS -a standalone executable that does the conversion. If I add new sound libraries to the Pa5X, it will be necessary to be able to update the INS files for Cakewalk or other DAW/sequencers.
valimaties

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Style Editor -> Style Copy:

Add range copy (Bar Copy) with Insert if needed.

For example, I want to write a sequence of 8 bars in a CV on a track, but I want to write only one bar, because the rest of the bars are quite the same, the editing job for some of the bars will be made leater. Then using this function I select start range 1st bar, end range 1st bar, destination 2nd bar, and execute. In this way I simply copy all midi events from 1st bar to 2nd bar. Then the same thing doing with start range 1st bar, end range 2nd bar, destination 3rd bar and execute, and so on. In this way I copy very simple the 1st bar to the rest of the bars in CV.
Basspig

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to implement this glissando feature in the pa5x? Obviously it would be using the ribbon controller. The Lowrey organ has this feature and I can see where it would be a useful enhancement. The Pa5X has the hardware, so all that's needed is software update to implement.

https://youtu.be/X56_sZd0xa0?si=eIhledAV1oZl1ABi
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Move crossfader to the right and load from the songbook midifile with +3 transpose
2. Move crossfafer to the left and load from the songbook style with -2 transpose
Transpose -2 won't load. It will stay with value +3
DaPale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a new Korg user with a Pa5X I would like to have a Midi 2 Style convertor as it was available on the Pa4X
DaPale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like to have is an audition button so you can audition sounds.
I Yamaha arrangers and synths you have this button. When you push it a short demo is played to hear what the sound is capable to produce.
sevinunu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 am    Post subject: Unlock more Sound Banks Reply with quote

Hi there, another wish i could tell most of us would appreciate. We have virtually a 4GB disk space but can‘t ever use it fully when the number of sounds and DK Banks are limited. Especially those if us trying to merge several sets we kept moving from older Pa versions ( me personally from 800, to 1x, 2x, 4x then now 5x.. please take that restriction out!!!! it‘s a nightmare to store multiple sets and habing to load them back and forth!!! i don‘t mind if you could even extend the banks storage towards the sd card.
BTW: even with extensive cleansing using the Korg Pa Manager v5 Software.. the limit of banks is reached within minutes!!
Please please please open it up for more very soon!
Thx!
DaPale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- TR-808 and TR-909 Drumkit
- Arpeggiator with presets + create your own arps
- Matrix for assigning functions such as the assignable buttons in the control section
- Yamaha CFX piano and a Felt piano presets
- Korg M1 preset sounds
- More 80s and FreeStyle styles
- Duduk flute
Basspig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the acoustic guitars, a "string slide" feature like the Yamaha Genos has, in which when you play a certain stretch of intervals, the effect is like sliding ones finger down the neck of the guitar. There is something similar associated with switches near the bend joystick, but one that automatically follows your playing, similar to how the 12 string folk guitar makes fret noise slides when you play widely spaced intervals. This would help make the voicing of acoustic guitar much more realistic.
DaPale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you could set and save the matrix for each style or songbook.

Additionally, I would like to see you being able to create multiple songbooks and that the songbook is searchable within the songbook itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: