Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAD Issue Confirmation .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject: PAD Issue Confirmation . Reply with quote

Could somebody with PA5X possibly confirm my findings below...

Look in style section for JAZZ folder > Page 1 > "Swing 66"...

Return to Main screen using EXIT Button...

Press and hold SHIFT then a PAD BUTTON (any pad Button will do to open PADS page)...

Pad 3 should be showing "Drum Brush Shuff"...

To open the Factory Folders press Pad 3 at the top of the column on the SCREEN...

On left-hand side of the screen you should see 11 factory folders starting with "Percussion" through to the last folder "SFX"...

Now working through all these folders and the individual pages within these folders can somebody find "Drum Brush Shuff"

I have been through every Factory folder and individual pages of these folders where I cannot find "Drum Brush Shuff" by name or by a different title but with the same pattern, which you can here if you activate Pad 3 in "Style 66"

To keep Pad 3 as a reference for "Drum Brush Shuff" I used Pad 4 while working though all the Folders/pages to try to relocate this elusive pad (something I was pleased to see and here carried over from pa4x and I use this alot in some Jazz Styles when customising my sets)

Is this me "operator error" am i missing something ?
Or is this a bug of some sort ??

Someone's help would be most useful before I report this to Korg...Thank you Smile

P.s. I have a feeling this issue may repeat its self in other styles but will only concern myself with Style "Swing 66" for now to first establish the facts so not to complicate things... hope i am wrong with this observation??

P.p.s. This might indicate there is a Hole Folder missing from the OS interface which should have all the Drum loops in which I am guessing is in the memory, hens I can call it up from a factory style and here/see it... but can not locate it to use elsewhere???

Last edited by D575 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i can answer my own enquiry and for the record here...

Just been confirmed, I am correct with my observations and this information has been passed for review to Korg.

Last edited by D575 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems 🫣🙄
And than
When
I tried another thing it freezes,
I had to push down on of in ilke 30 seconds to restart.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5

Last edited by Asena on Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bensel46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same problem over here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
Wibo43

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:08 am    Post subject: Keeping the Drum Brush Shuffle Pad Reply with quote

You can go with the Drum Brush Shuffle to Record/Edit and than save it
in User .
So you can have a new folder with these unvisible Pads .
When editing I tried different Drumsets .
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Keeping the Drum Brush Shuffle Pad Reply with quote

Wibo43 wrote:
You can go with the Drum Brush Shuffle to Record/Edit and than save it
in User .
So you can have a new folder with these unvisible Pads .
When editing I tried different Drumsets .

Thanks for the workaround....

But more importantly where are all the Drum loops which are scattered across the Factory Styles which should be visible and accessible in a folder/folders ?

Looking at how the Folders are structured on PA5X compared to PA4X this looks to me like we should have (perhaps) 12 folders which would include a Drum folder to accompany the Drum Hit folder

Also looking at what has been carried over from the PA4X in the Pad categories (excluding new content) them there is also a gap when considering Drum loops...

Korg are now aware of this.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also to include here.. we seem to be missing Synth/Pad Sequences in Factory Pad Folders which are found in Factory Styles and it would seem you can not locate some of the Pads from these Styles in any of the Factory Pad Folders to use freely with other styles etc...

A lot of these i recall from PA4X carried over to PA5X...

I wonder just how many other types of Pad Sequences are missing from the Factry Pad Folders that are hidden in the Factory Styles and should be available to use freely from a Factory Pad Folder as with PA4X ? (Question has been put to korg)

Korg support has been informed again (!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: