Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my 2 cent...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: my 2 cent... Reply with quote

My first keyboard was an E20 in 1988: I have had many arrangers from many brands since then.

The transformation of these devices was evident and the software part became more and more important.

Unfortunately, as in many other sectors, it is not always easy to manage this transformation: there are many companies today that produce various things but cannot write software correctly.

Until a few years ago the main part of an arranger's software were the styles: programming a style was almost always a musical process, which had little to do with computer science, then the styles became more complex and their programming has become increasingly software related. Today it is not enough to be a great musician to create a level style.

Then the arrangers started to have an operating system: and here things got complicated because, to have a valid product, you need to mix musical talent, high programming skills, excellent knowledge of user interfaces and user experience, great experience in sound engineering and, last but not least, a good understanding of the market.

Frankly, today I fear creating an arranger in the old way (hardware + software + operating system) is a prohibitive task for any company: a possible solution would be that of an "open source" approach, leaving users free to write pieces of the operating system, but it is a risky path.

I am afraid that my Pa4X will be the last arranger keyboard I will have, the next step will be a PC with a master keyboard: I do not know what level the current software is in circulation, but I am convinced that soon they will be able to provide the same performance or better than the various Solton, Roland, Korg and Yamaha...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: