Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to work around "Too many samples"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject: How to work around "Too many samples" Reply with quote

I got the message that many users get when they load lots of sampled sounds - You have exceeded the PCM message....

The sample number is 14,897
I tried to load more samples but it says 1.36gb out of 1.5gb

Here is my problem, I deleted 4 drum kids and about a dozen sounds which are linked to KPM files and use lots of memory

BUT THE AMOUNT OF MEMORY USED AND NUMBER OF SAMPLES DID NOT CHANGE ???

I though I would be making space on the keyboard, but the amount of memory and number of samples did not change - and now I cannot even put them back because it tells me the number of samples has reached the limit....

Can anyone explain or provide a work around - to reduce number of samples ??
menara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

When you delete a sound or a drumkit, you do not delete their multisamples.

To do so, you have to enter edit soud menu and select the functions "delete multi samples/samples" witch aren't used by sounds or drumkit.

If you already did this, and still, the number of slot samples available hasn't increased, then there must be other sounds or drumkits that are using the same samples.

There is a software that can help you in this task, buy it isn't cheap.
deora

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried deleting the samples not connected to

I am going to go back to a backup- because now it wont even let me add the samples which were already there which I later deleted to make space.

I am totally at a loss as to why the number of samples does not go down.

I can however understand that the new sounds I am trying to load may be too large considering the limited space available, but I can compress them and fit more sounds in - if not for this exceeded number of samples issue.

What I don't understand is that if there is still available space in memory, what does the number of samples make a difference ???
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

menara wrote:
Hi

When you delete a sound or a drumkit, you do not delete their multisamples.

To do so, you have to enter edit soud menu and select the functions "delete multi samples/samples" witch aren't used by sounds or drumkit.

If you already did this, and still, the number of slot samples available hasn't increased, then there must be other sounds or drumkits that are using the same samples.

There is a software that can help you in this task, buy it isn't cheap.

+1.

@deora,
As menara mentioned; (To do so, you have to enter edit soud menu and select the functions "delete multi samples/samples" witch aren't used by sounds or drumkit.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: