Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loopman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Feature request Reply with quote

Hi guys, it would be great if my ModWave had the Polyphonic step sequencer of the Pitch, also I would like to have the Real Time recording available for recording a pitch sequence too, not only for the knob movement.

How can I send a request to Korg hoping that these features can be included in the next firmware update?

Thanks
WaveTable30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can record knob movement for pitch, without using the pitch lane, all you need to do is set it up first in the mod matrix.

On one of the dual layered performances I made, I set osc 1 tune to step seq B, and on various steps, I turned the step value up or down, and have specific pitches going how I want them to. Its a simple bass thing so nothing too crazy. Layer two is just drum seq i made.

But yeah, for the pitch seq without pitch lane .... you have to tune it out. Yes you can knob turn it to record, but if you want exact notes to work then its more a math thing, since the value encoder per mod seq step [a-d lanes] is from 0 to - or +100, so depending on the pitch min and max you have set up, that would determine what the encoded step values end up 'pitching' to.

If thats what you meant, yea you def can do that.

If you meant independent note pitch sequencing, i dont know. I havent tried that. I think you might have to set up a mod process splitting oscillators, and do a separate pitch seq like above steps, for the 2nd in the faux-split, and make different ones. then on certain notes on the keyboard, you would have diff note sequences. maybe. i think so though. But that would be , on one layer, for two separate pitch sequences. Then with two layers, with a similar faux split [and each layer on a 'real' split], you could have up to four of those. Technically theres still two step seq lanes free, and then the pitch seq lane after that, soooo ... hm. maybe im getting off the point haha. Idk if thats even close to what you tried doing back then, i really should be more active on here. tbh my understanding of what polyphonic sequencing is isnt that clear. from a quick search and from remembering some sounds i made so far, thats the answer i came up with, idk if that helps.

One update id like is getting audio rates with the lfos. But I .. might? have made a 'hack' aka a workaround using the UI of the synth - and that has to do with the kaoss physics. Happened a few min ago and totally by accident. I still haven't quite reproduced it consistently but its a possibility at least. I like audio rates, they can make very interesting sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg ModWave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: