Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Personal List of Errors and Bugs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: My Personal List of Errors and Bugs Reply with quote

* Estimated converting time from .SET to .KST: 2 hours (500Mb set)
* Loading same set on keyboard: 20-25 min
* Pads of screen should not play but allow you to select. Only select pads.
* Fill in button after half of measure will not play your fill in but will play your current variation chords.
* Home Screen needs mixer at all times.
* When style is on, pads start on 2nd measure instead of first.
* When selecting a different pad, the effect go to default effect of 40.
* Selecting a style is not fast enough. Blinks a few times before it actually plays it.
* If your pads are on, they turn off when switching styles. Also when picking them, the volume goes back to 100.
* Intro 1 should not have strings play on lower when performing the intro
* We should have a preference of not having the lists of styles, sounds and pads be in alphabetical order. I had these organized on the 4x into separate folders and pages. There should be a view option if you want them in your order or in alphabetical order.
* Acc. 3 freezes on the first chord you hit instead of chords you are playing. It sounds like a big jumbled mess.
* If you are using quarter scale, while you are playing and changing menus, the scale goes back and forth to equal while switching menus.
* When making a new style, we need the menu to quantize, cut, velocity, delete, delete all….
* Bring back the main mixer as the 4x had (drums, perc, bass, lower and uppers on the screen)
* The bass should not be the first in order. Every keyboard since day 1 has it as follows….drums-percs-bass-acc1-acc2-acc3-acc4-acc5
* More user settings to really customize your own keyboard. Photos for your user sound and styles should be aloud to be selected when you want. Color schemes should be an option. Organizing styles, sounds, pads and others should not always be in alphabetical order. There was a reason we had them grouped next to each other on the 4x in certain pages.
* Website says we have 4GB and 8GB compressed but the keyboard shows we have 2.5GB
* Selecting a main menu with one style and a new Home Screen like the 4x should also be an option. Not every will be using the slider for 2 styles.
* When playing a style, and you want to slide over to the second style, it is humanly impossible to sync them exactly on tempo. Regardless of them being on tempo lock. The tempo would be correct but no one in the world would be able to press start on the second style perfectly to match the first style. Pressing shift play should do that even if you don’t press it in the beginning.
* When turning on a loop on pads, a slice from the loops starts when you press the button. It doesn’t start where the loop should resume naturally.

This is what I found out so far in 2 hours on the keyboard. I haven’t turned it on since the first day. I’ll be waiting for the new OS to fix all these issues.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I just noticed, let’s say for instance, your keys (uppers) on 127 on the slider, you might have them lowered somewhere else like the user section, they won’t be at 127. Complete disaster for live playing.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a pad that is an accompaniment, it turns off when you turn off the memory for your chords. They never stopped on the 4x
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start off with a pad, without the style on, and start the style randomly, the pad itself will be slightly off from the style itself. Another disaster.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you hit your fill button, the variation will not go to the first measure, regardless if you have it set to start on the first measure. Another disaster.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us the option at least to have our main Home Screen back the way it was. Where we select the drums and we can see what drum kit it’s actually using on the style.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My Personal List of Errors and Bugs Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
* Estimated converting time from .SET to .KST: 2 hours (500Mb set)
* Loading same set on keyboard: 20-25 min

Niki

Question about the .SET file conversion. This may also help the people who have been asking about whether or not a Musikant version will be made.

I own a 4x ORIENTAL, if I create a .SET file backup of my current system - and then convert it for the 5x. In theory I should have all of additional sounds from the ORIENTAL. Honestly, I dont ever play them, but I'd hate to lose them if I can avoid it.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I can’t say for sure if your Pa4x oriental set would fully convert to the pa5x.

But…..realistically, I almost know for a fact it won’t. The reason I say this is because your oriental 4x has more stock drum kits and sounds directly into your 4x. The pa5x wouldn’t know which drum kits to use for those styles or which sounds to use for your keyboard set. All those extra drum kits and sounds you have are not on the 5x.

Korg would never let that happen because you can just give me your Pa4x set and I would convert it and have all those extras you had on your keyboard. I believe the same would be for the musikant version.

If you were to give me your set from your keyboard and I loaded it on my Pa4x (original) it wouldn’t work.

Hope this helps, Dave.
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes perfect sense!

Last question (for now)

My 4x is fairly new. I haven't created or added too much except for the 42 songlist sets from Korg.

I assume the 5x has all of the the 4x songlist, with a few additions. But we should still copy over our 42 songlist list sets?

Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be extra safe, I would save your songlist set for sure. It’s not a function I use but you can’t go wrong by saving it either. I’m sure they have the exact same ones as the 4x and more like you said but just save them in case.
korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: IMPORT-LOAD-SET-KST,sound,PCM sample Reply with quote

Import my backup from Pa4X.
Activity without a final report, or that it succeeds.
It's not true! Result: no changes, nothing done! As if I did nothing.
Pa5X performed for many hours, about 5-6. result waste of time result 0

IPORT SET

RAM 0 samples
LOAD KST

RAM samples 0

PCM folder info:

LOADING only PCM:

info from Pa4X RAM:

After a lot of effort, I managed to get the USER name of the sounds into the Pa5X, but the sound was "SILENT" and the samples were missing. RAM 0 samples. There was nothing to play, no wav, no PCM, even if I copied the PCM, sound is quiet, RAM 0
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: IMPORT-LOAD-SET-KST,sound,PCM sample Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
Import my backup from Pa4X.
Activity without a final report, or that it succeeds.
It's not true! Result: no changes, nothing done! As if I did nothing.
Pa5X performed for many hours, about 5-6. result waste of time result 0

IPORT SET

RAM 0 samples
LOAD KST

RAM samples 0

PCM folder info:

LOADING only PCM:

info from Pa4X RAM:

After a lot of effort, I managed to get the USER name of the sounds into the Pa5X, but the sound was "SILENT" and the samples were missing. RAM 0 samples. There was nothing to play, no wav, no PCM, even if I copied the PCM, sound is quiet, RAM 0

Are you sure the PCM you are trying to load are not locked?

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on this too - but not with an imported Sample.

I just created one sample from a wav file. I haven't been able to store it to a PAD like I am trying to do (I think it's capable)

However I am able to play it via the keys either as a sample, or multisample

Try to load just one of your samples to see if it's really there, then we just need to figure out how to get them out.

REC/EDIT - Sample Edit - Load Sample - LOAD - MENU - Multisample - INDEX - Rotary Knob to select a sample

From there you can assign a key, or multisample set

I haven't been able to take this to the next level however and add it to a Style, or PAD. My goal was to load some effects samples into the MATRIX which is rumored to have been done.

korgpask

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, no sample is locked.
I work in pa4x without problems,
all samples with UNCOMPRESSED.
IMPORT does not work
LOAD does not work,
does not help LOAD PCM, which executes but without success.

my Pa4X can't do anything,
The OS of my Pa4X is PKG.
Newer pa4x have OS UPD.
Isn't this the problem?
davekalbach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone check a MIDI file for me. I did a test a few days ago with the SCORE up. I am nearly positive I saw Chords above the Staff.

Now I don't have them. I've checked every MIDI file I have (not many) and Chords do not show above the staff on any of them.

Chords is selected in the lower section of the Score Screen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: