Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa5x USB Audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffkorg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: pa5x USB Audio Reply with quote

Looks like we still don't have USB audio. This is 2022 and still missing a very important feature. Crying or Very sad
nonchai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup

a very short sighted design decision.

personally would have been worth an increased price if thats what it took.
mPaule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why 3 usb ports?
is there anything else to come?

1x midi
1x data transfer
1x ???????

only external controllers, I can't imagine, is there anything else coming up?

If so, hopefully multi-audio, stereo already exists via jack
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: pa5x USB Audio Reply with quote

jeffkorg wrote:
Looks like we still don't have USB audio. This is 2022 and still missing a very important feature. Crying or Very sad

Lets hope the hardware supports it and its just a matter of implementing..
It was in those leaked specs i saw which where correct for all other features
And that it is just a matter of implementing

Its a pleasure killer for me and everyone else that uses VST sounds or AuV3’s (ipad) in a live situation
nonchai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: pa5x USB Audio Reply with quote

[quote="Bachus"]
Lets hope the hardware supports it and its just a matter of implementing..
It was in those leaked specs i saw which where correct for all other features
And that it is just a matter of implementing
[/quote]

Sadly I seriously doubt this is something they can just add via firmware - its far more to do with the choice of USB driver silicon. There are plenty of XMOS chips that do this kind of thing in all manner of pro audio hardware - and it seems to just be a sad and non-forward thinking decision of KORG to skimp on this aspect.

I think many of us here maybe would have been prepared to pay a premium for such audio-over-USB silicon to be put on board - but I guess the KORG marketing crew still just look at what the single person one man band performance market will go for - and not the home studio owners songwriters, producers , composers etc.

Clearly that demographic isnt the primary market - and in any case hardware arranger keyboards have been for decades ( rightly ) looked down upon as sounding cheesy - and just not being sonically adequate - nor even qualifying as anything near to a "Workstation"..

But that just needs to change - because as I see it - the kind of thing midi pattern/arpeggiator-wise that one finds increasingly more and more in workstations - and dawless beat-boxes ( just look at the recent AIRA releases ) - comes closer and closer to what hardware arrangers have been doing MIDI-wise for a long time. And its time the functionalities of workstations, beat maker boxes and arrangers simply merge into a coherent family of products - and that the only differentiator at the top becomes what kind of collection of buttons, faders and screen on the "board" most suits the user.

I think now that all the big three companies have decent touch screens on their boards - it means that under the hood all manner of "goodies" become accessible - but maybe some users dont require dedicated buttons for the arranger functionality but still would benefit from it being in there - while clearly the traditional HW arranger market wants all of those buttons and faders they can get - to ensure worry free operation in live performance use.

And its time hardware arrangers just went with gusto for some of that songwriter producer, composer home-studio market. And to do that simply carry on board what the top workstations offer:

good sounds

great integration with the DAW
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The specs do state:

Type B (Device 2.0, for personal computers and tablets): 1 rear

So whatever that means??
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna.1 wrote:
The specs do state:

Type B (Device 2.0, for personal computers and tablets): 1 rear

So whatever that means??

Thats the harrdware description..

Under midi interface its stated that there is usb midi
Under audio there is no refference for USB audio..

Makes you wonder why invest in a guitar input… and not in a usb audio?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: