Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg DSS1 Low output

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubbaDubbaDoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject: Korg DSS1 Low output Reply with quote

I dusted it off the old DSS and started using it again. But the volume level is nothing like it used to be. There used to be so much beastly gain with the output switch set to 'hi' that I only had to set my mixer fader up to about 30%. Now,,, I have to push the fader all the way up and the level is still soft. My stereo line mixer does not have pre amps, so I would have to use another mixer or an in line pre amp. I would rather figure out what is wrong with keyboard than mess with adding another device.

The volume level is the same whether I am playing it live or running a midi track to it.

Should I replace the caps on the amp board? Are the amp chips going bad? I am not at all afraid to swap out components. But I am not sure where the problem is exactly.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the level at the headphone output seem, compared to how it used to be?

RubbaDubbaDoo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levels seem to be the same through headphones. Although I haven't metered them for comparison.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the headphone levels are the same as before, or the same as the Line Out levels i.e. seem to be quite low?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: