Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect to master keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awnashed

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: Connect to master keyboard Reply with quote

I have fantom as a master keyboard, and wish to control wavestate from Fantom, I can not find any information in the manual on changing the performance from a master keyboard, I need a list of MSB, LSB & PC of wavestate, any one knows
Thanks
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I haven't tried this myself from my Master Keyboard, but I think the Wavestate only responds to program change and it will use that to select the Programs in the current Set List

I.e. you will need to build a setlist first to organise what programs you want and you can then send set list slots from your master keyboard.

Only info I can find on this is the MIDI implementation chart at the back of the manual.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
awnashed

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

I haven't tried this myself from my Master Keyboard, but I think the Wavestate only responds to program change and it will use that to select the Programs in the current Set List

I.e. you will need to build a setlist first to organise what programs you want and you can then send set list slots from your master keyboard.

Only info I can find on this is the MIDI implementation chart at the back of the manual.

MIDI implementation in the manual does not say much, only one page, no information about MSB,LSB & PC !!!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think only Program Change matters with the Wavestate, which recognises values 0-63, to cover the four banks of 16 Set List slots. The Performances themselves are stored in a database, and are not arranged in any kind of bank structure, nor are they readily accessible to the user with simple MSB, LSB type addressing.

Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awnashed wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

MIDI implementation in the manual does not say much, only one page, no information about MSB,LSB & PC !!!

Program Change = PC. No need for MSB and LSB.

As VOIP says, there is no bank structure in the Wavestate other than what you create in a Set List

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
awnashed

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
I think only Program Change matters with the Wavestate, which recognises values 0-63, to cover the four banks of 16 Set List slots. The Performances themselves are stored in a database, and are not arranged in any kind of bank structure, nor are they readily accessible to the user with simple MSB, LSB type addressing.

Thanks voip, I will try it and see if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: