Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos OS Install
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 4:36 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos OS Install Reply with quote

Hello, I'm trying to salvage a Korg Kronos 88, the 2nd gen, the one with the wood panels on the sides. It's missing the SSD entirely. I have some spares so I want to put one of those in it if possible.

My main question is: Is there something like an ISO of the factory drive that I can download to image the drive with? I don't have an original drive to duplicate, nor do I have any discs that it may have originally come with.

I understand computers very well, so I should be able to understand advice for the most part, I think...
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the three factory Accessory Discs (1, 2, 3) clicking on the URL links in the Software section and make as many images to transfer on DVDs, then install.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK. Thank you for the info, I'll try it as soon as I get a burner! Haha, I haven't burned a disc in a long time so I ordered a drive.

Will this still work if the ssd is blank, like brand new or should I format it on a computer first with a certain file system?

Also, do I plug into the USB on the back panel or the one right there on the Intel motherboard inside the Kronos?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Place a new SSD in SATA 0 port , like compatible Samsung EVO ≥ 128Gb , DVD installer will prompt you to format it.
- Get a USB DVD reader in Kronos rear USB slot (you might need searching forum for compatible type).
- Create 3 DVDs (UDF) from downloaded ISO and insert DVD1 in reader.
- Install from Kronos Bios firmware selecting Format & Install
- After installation , resister in Kronos customers website and request to authorize new Kronos ID.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:18 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos OS Install Status Reply with quote

[img]https://imgur.com/a/noNGIRs[/img]

I'm getting some errors during the install. Is this pretty normal or do I need to figure out what's causing it?
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject: Reauthorize Reply with quote

Are there clear directions anywhere, or a video that shows how to "reauthorize" the sounds using the Public ID?

I got the Kronos booting and I can hear it, but the sounds fade out after awhile. When I go to the settings, they're in demo mode. I believe it has something to do with reauthorizing the content but I can't find a clear link for how to handle that.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Go to : https://id.korg.com/users/sign_in and enter your ID and password (you have to be registered). Then click on Profile and selecting Your Products & Downloads you will see all the sound libraries that you bought at Korg for your Kronos.

Click on the down arrow for any of them, then near Authorization you should see the serial # to enter in your Kronos so to switch each library from demo mode to authorized mode. If there is no # specified for a bought product, choose Your Kronos model in the list and click Authorize to get a new one, which then appears on t he screen. Repeat for each bought library. Wink
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos OS Install Reply with quote

Wow, you guys are good. Thank you so much for the help, I couldn't find that reauth link anywhere!

Looks like the OS is working as it should, now to repair the keys...
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos OS Install Reply with quote

linkvsshadowlink wrote:
Wow, you guys are good. Thank you so much for the help, I couldn't find that reauth link anywhere!

Looks like the OS is working as it should, now to repair the keys...

You're welcome. Oh and if you are into some Kronos repairs, please feel free to ask if you need any help.
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:18 am    Post subject: Kronos Keys Reply with quote

If you're offering, I'll take the support for sure:

I'm missing the following keys: A1, G2, A3, A#3, F3, B6, C6, C#6, D6, E6.

The entire assemblies are gone though and it's not clear how they're sold but it looks like the key is made up of:

1. Hammer (Metal piece)
2. Plastic piece that goes on the hammer
3. Metal strip, thin piece
4. Rubber Cap
5. Actual Key

How are the parts sold? Do you have a good website that I should use?

I've tested the keys that are there, and the rubber contacts underneath the missing ones, and it seems like everything works, so I'm pretty close to having a functional Kronos.
adamburgess

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos Keys Reply with quote

linkvsshadowlink wrote:

The entire assemblies are gone though and it's not clear how they're sold but it looks like the key is made up of:

1. Hammer (Metal piece)
4. Rubber Cap
5. Actual Key

I've tested the keys that are there, and the rubber contacts underneath the missing ones, and it seems like everything works, so I'm pretty close to having a functional Kronos.

Where are you based? I've definitely got enough keys, hammers, and maybe enough springs to throw in? I'm turning my broken Kronos 2 into a rack and have used the old 73 keybed parts to repair a few more for others around here.

I'm in the UAE, Middle East, and if you want to check DHL or Aramex, happy to send a box of bits. (The hammers are surprisingly heavy!)
Purgatory

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Keys Reply with quote

linkvsshadowlink wrote:

1. Hammer (Metal piece)
4. Rubber Cap
5. Actual Key

If you require spare parts for your Kronos or other Korg devices and a few other brands mentioned there too (use their brand drop down to see them, too many to list here).

The Spares request form is here (Request the parts here and they will give you the correct part codes to use on the main Korg Spares site) :-

https://www.korguk.com/resources/forms/parts_request_form.php

Also the site is here for the spares (Korg Spares) :-

https://ip.korguk.com/korg_spares/kd/default.aspx

This is for UK People only from what I understand but it does list other countries on their forms so they may send to other countries too that are listed.
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Keys Reply with quote

That's awesome, thanks for all of the support everyone.

Are the hammers pretty generic or do I need to order specific ones?

Do you all know if the plastic sleeves come on the hammers or are they sold separately?
linkvsshadowlink

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Keys Reply with quote

Adam, I appreciate that!

I will look into what it might actually cost to have that delivered and I will let you know. Do you know by chance exactly which parts I need?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a 73 or 88 RH3 action, you have to identify how many white/black keys you need in each group.

In the case of a K2 88-key RH3 action, it is split in the following 4 groups (C4 = middle C) :

A0 to E2 (12 whites + 8 blacks = 20 keys),
F2 to C#5 (19 whites + 14 blacks = 33 keys),
D5 to G6 (11 whites + 7 blacks = 18 keys),
G#6 to C8 (10 whites + 7 blacks = 17 keys).

For part numbers, seems that partsisparts has your answers. See below by selecting some of the separate components you need to replace (fulcrum and caps for each key group type). Also, the thin metal strips are key springs.

https://www.partsisparts.net/catalog/korg-rh3-keybed-key-hammers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: